Wanted: Set of ABS Irons

A place for ABSer's to post their stuff, or buy from others before the EBay vultures swoop in!

Wanted: Set of ABS Irons

Postby logo » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:22 pm

Hi all ABSers,
I am looking to buy a set of abs irons. If you have please send me some pics to my email vtcuong@gmail.com

Regards
logo

Re: Wanted: Set of ABS Irons

Postby LesMurray » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:45 am

I have several sets of clubs set up similar to ABS specs and 1 set not adjusted yet.

2 sets in particular I am willing to sell

1) 1990 Hogan Apex BH Grind 2-PW with Apex 4 (Stiff) shafts plus Wilson JP55 SW. These are bent 3* flat from standard. No weight added. Newer Golf Pride grips.

2) 1969 MacGregor MT Tourney MT1A split-sole irons 2-SW reshafted with Rifle 6.5 shafts (xstiff) and bent, weight added to ABS specs. Mint grips. These will need a little work as some of the weights have come loose.

What I recommend - buy either set and then I will send them to Mike Rees (Lag's club guy) who will set them up to your spec. Like I mentioned, the Macs are set up to ABS specs but a few irons (2, 7, 9) have loose weights in the shaft. These were purchased with aluminum shafts and re-shafted with the Rifles.

The Hogans are great clubs and I would say beyond bending they may need a little weight as they are about an ounce lighter than ABS specs.
LesMurray

Postby logo » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:15 pm

Hi Les,

Please advice which set can be bent 2 degree more than ABS Specs: For the #7 Iron to 53 degree flat.

Regards

Cuong
logo

Postby LesMurray » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:34 am

Both sets can be bent further. If I understand you correctly you want 8* flat instead of 6*.

Mike set up my Buttonbacks 8* flat. I find with my shorter legs and longer arms that they fit me a little better.
LesMurray

Postby k2baloo » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:13 am

I may be coming into about 6-7 sets of vintage irons soon, don't know the models or condition just yet. None will be ABS'ed so you'll either need to mod them or send them to Mike/Lag for modifications. PM if interested, I would send you one for the cost of shipping.
k2baloo

Postby LesMurray » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:47 am

k2baloo wrote:I may be coming into about 6-7 sets of vintage irons soon, don't know the models or condition just yet. None will be ABS'ed so you'll either need to mod them or send them to Mike/Lag for modifications. PM if interested, I would send you one for the cost of shipping.

Kyle, how am I supposed to compete against free? :P
LesMurray

Postby k2baloo » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:15 am

Lol... I'm getting them for next to nothing and so just paying it forward if someone will use them. Still have no idea on the sets - they could be complete junk. Your sets are high quality and much closer to ABS specs. I think the OP has some great options!
k2baloo

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade the good stuff!