Bill Dunk 5 time Australian PGA Champ (ABS Exclusive)

Re: Bill Dunk 5 time Australian PGA Champ (ABS Exclusive)

Postby lagpressure » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:07 am

As Requested

Bill Dunk Part 3 and 4

http://advancedballstriking.com/Bill_Dunk_Pt_3.mp3

http://advancedballstriking.com/Bill_Dunk_Pt_4.mp3

file.jpg
file.jpg (135.48 KiB) Viewed 1056 times
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby lagpressure » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:53 pm

I had another listen to these last night.

If you haven't heard these, I suggest doing so.
If you heard it before, I suggest doing so again!

file.jpg
file.jpg (135.48 KiB) Viewed 257 times
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby k2baloo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:21 pm

It's really interesting to come across a great player I can't say I've ever heard of. Maybe due to American bias. Will listen to the interview when I get time. Love the swing sequence.
k2baloo

Postby stevemcgee99 » Sun May 06, 2018 5:32 am

Bill Dunk is featured a bit here.

McGee
stevemcgee99

Postby lagpressure » Tue May 08, 2018 7:44 am

It was good to watch that.. thanks for posting.
A lot of good golf under tough windy conditions at one of Australia's finest courses.

It brings back memories seeing "The Lakes" as that was the very first tournament course I played on the Australian Tour in 87 at the PGA Championship.
Very tough and tricky course especially when the wind blows.

It was interesting to see Greg Norman win his first Australian Open, and he comments how this was the biggest win of his career. I think this win really boosted his confidence moving forward. By the time I showed up down there, Greg would arrive at the tournament via helicopter, he was #1 in the world by 87.

Some of the commentators saying "You can't swing that hard at the driver and keep control of it". I think that was one of the beautiful things about the persimmon era.. or classic golf era.

Some nice looks at Seve playing there who was probably the favorite that week along with David Graham who was at his peak playing years. He had just won the US PGA Championship the year before, and would win the US Open at Merion the following year hitting every fairway and green on Sunday. He had won The Memorial earlier this year also.

Great to see Bill Dunk in action playing very well until he hooked a drive and ran into trouble. In the interview we did with Bill he talked about his troubles hooking the ball from time to time.

So refreshing to see courses played as they were intended. Imagine players having to hit fairway woods into par 4's on occasion. I also liked the pace of the greens where players can still hit their putts and the ball ends up where the player hit it from the fairway or tee... not funneling away somewhere to the greens lowpoint collection area.
lagpressure
Site Admin

Previous

Return to ABS Interviews