Lag, lightbulb moments and videotape

Re: Lag, lightbulb moments and videotape

Postby lagpressure » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:27 am

Module #5 Student:

Two weeks ago, I think I had one of the biggest lightbulbs since enrolling ABS. I was playing a round and in the middle of it I remembered one of your posts that stated that only after P4 are the arms allow to actively participate in the swing (along those lines). I’ve been working on really preserving that pressure on both of my armpits through all my swing. So I decided to glue the upper arms to my torso and just concentrated on making the swing with my torso ( zero arm involvement) as if my hands (not the arms) where attached to my torso. My thought was to hit the ball with my right hand attached to the right shoulder and turn left level and on plane. Wow, what a difference in the compression.

I now realized that I was still actively and voluntarily firing with my arms as I was approaching impact and P4.

Now I am committed on applying armpits pressure from alignment and letting my torso drive my backswing and downswing (after mod 5 transition), accelerating post impact and releasing hands (not arms) to PV5.

Just wanted to share that! Thanks!
lagpressure
Site Admin

Re: Lag, lightbulb moments and videotape

Postby Range Rat » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:08 am

lagpressure wrote:ABS student mastering the flattening of the shaft through transition.

dean_slot.gif
dean_slot.gif (985.72 KiB) Viewed 170 times

Not sure what maze I was in last February but this is top notch pursuit and work here, don't know how I missed it. It makes sense, to me anyway, and how I sense this dynamic is that top-notch pivot work and striking actually has two slots, one slot to transition, and the other slot finally formed at P3- when the stage is set to put a rotational smack upon the orb. I like the Trevino pants too. :)
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Previous

Return to Top Threads (2000 Club)