Current PGA tour

Re: Current PGA tour

Postby twomasters » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:44 pm

Mike Clayton who setup the test and was there in the video wrote me about it and he will quote his words he sent me:

“It doesn’t really show up on the video but it showed how guys with swings like Lucas have been completely deskilled by the modern driver. He couldn’t hit the wood at all. It was embarrassing. Mostly high sky hooks left. Ironically the shot he hit off 18 last week to lose in Portugal. It’s not his fault.
The advance off all technology deskills is all in many aspects of life. Handwriting. Remembering phone numbers. Finding your way somewhere without the phone telling us where to go. It’s made life much easier - but at the expense off skills we all learned as kids.”
twomasters

Postby LesMurray » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:14 am

Here's an interesting video from Mike Malaska. I will say that I am not a fan yet found this video to have some interesting content.

LesMurray

Postby Wknhacker » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:02 pm

I really liked the discussion which starts at about the 8:38 mark of the video. The idea about slowing things down physically and conceptually in order to better understand the entire process. Also, the bend right arm into and past impact.
"I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone's golf game: it's called an eraser." - Arnold Palmer
Wknhacker

Postby nfbandon » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:17 am

Lots of Frozen Divots in that video.
nfbandon

Previous

Return to Top Threads (2000 Club)