The D-Plane, Trackman, NBFL, etc. thread

Re: The D-Plane, Trackman, NBFL, etc. thread

Postby Mashie72 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:47 am

Thread Bump

"The secret is on the deck"
Mashie72

Postby Mashie72 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:33 am

Just goofing around I was wondering if it's possible to practice swinging 4 degrees right while aiming the clubface 2 degrees right without a Trackman machine by using 3 aiming sticks. One stick aims at the target, the second one is where your face is aiming @ impact and the third is the path of the club head. By my calculations if you fan them out at the tips each by 1.25 inches from the middle of each stick (3-ft long), then this would closely approximate 2 degree increments between the sticks. So trying to aim this small differential might quite difficult in my book. If you use a 4-ft rod, then 1.67 inches between the centers. Obviously the sticks need to be lower than the ball so you don't hit them post impact.
Mashie72

Postby HelterSkelter » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:38 am

With drill 1 and 2 you can easily feel where the club face is pointing at impact. Any toe first contact is really obvious even by a millimetre. In fact it really doesn't feel at all good against the bag. After a while you can feel even fractional heel first contact too, even though it feels pretty good.
HelterSkelter

Postby Mashie72 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:33 am

HelterSkelter wrote:With drill 1 and 2 you can easily feel where the club face is pointing at impact. Any toe first contact is really obvious even by a millimetre. In fact it really doesn't feel at all good against the bag. After a while you can feel even fractional heel first contact too, even though it feels pretty good.

You are wise beyond your years
Mashie72

Postby HelterSkelter » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:21 pm

Mashie72 wrote:
HelterSkelter wrote:With drill 1 and 2 you can easily feel where the club face is pointing at impact. Any toe first contact is really obvious even by a millimetre. In fact it really doesn't feel at all good against the bag. After a while you can feel even fractional heel first contact too, even though it feels pretty good.

You are wise beyond your years

No sarcasm necessary. I assumed that you were serious about what you were saying and in the ABS program.

All I am saying is that it would be much easier to drill that sensation than look at some rods. If swinging well, 5 degrees club face open will feel a lot. So from drilling you can work out 2 degrees open.

I cant see how swinging down a rod will help with path either. It surely would be better to move ball position around so that you catch it earlier or later in the arc of the club head and work out the path based on that.

If you don't like what I say just ignore it. No need for anything else.
HelterSkelter

Postby Mashie72 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:42 pm

I was trying to give you a compliment and thought it was very good advice
Mashie72

Postby HelterSkelter » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:37 pm

Ok - sorry. I'm obviously too used to my wife being sarcastic.

Apologies!
HelterSkelter

Postby Mashie72 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:59 pm

No problem. In general, I think you have a very good understanding of the ABS swing and your answers to me are very well thought out. I still use your suggestion about the 3-wood from some time ago.

Cheers and thanks as always
Mashie72

Postby HelterSkelter » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:08 pm

Thanks very much. Sorry again.
HelterSkelter

Postby lagpressure » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:35 am

Will Trackman grow up?

I've said this many times, but accelerations rates into impact seem to be overlooked, they shouldn't. For better players, it's probably the most important factor in the quest for top tier ball striking. A velocity reading a foot before impact and an inch before impact would show the change in velocity (acceleration or lack of). Third, a velocity reading a foot past impact would show the efficiency of energy transfer to the golf ball. Why isn't the mass of the club in the equation? (f=ma) It would be a game changer for many and a real eye opener. In my opinion, this is why we are not seeing the next Hogan. I also question scientists designing golf clubs instead of great players. I'd rather hit a club designed by David Graham than one by an MIT PHD who can't break 100. That's just me though..
lagpressure
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Top Threads (2000 Club)