Feelings

Re: Feelings

Postby Range Rat » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:37 pm

Now I know what started the Japanese earthquake- the epicenter near a place called Yokonama :lol:

Sounds like a good time in Manchester.....maybe a little take off from T. Rex's- Bang-a-Gong 8-)
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Postby BomGolf222 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:29 pm

Sounds like a good time in Manchester.....maybe a little take off from T. Rex's- Bang-a-Gong

You're bang on with Bang-a-Gong, RR. I always think of that song when I hear that guitar riff intro...

Cheers for that, A..... top notch!
BomGolf222

Postby Range Rat » Wed May 18, 2011 11:21 am

Stopped raining finally and got some serious practice in. Had this feeling thing going on that was a new way for me to feel and experience the sequence as a mental picture.

I call it my "offset experience" Now I don't mean the typical discussion about offset.

When my hands are setting flat going back with things getting laid-off, it feels at the top that the hands are really "offset" in relationship to the core. Even after the drop and load and firing out of P3, it still feels like they are "offset" from the core, even though they ( the hands ) have most surely turned and fired. This would be because the pivot is outracing the "offset".

Now comes the fun part. That feeling of "offset" remains even past P4 to the point that the hands really do feel like they are going backwards into the swivel. :)
Range Rat

Postby nfbandon » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:00 pm

Regarding the saved right arm, do any of you guys feel or have you tried pressuring the right elbow into the right hip with the left arm and keeping that pressure against the right elbow through impact? Is that forcing something that we want to happen...or putting in place a structure that assists in helping it happen?

Grady
nfbandon

Postby CaptainChaos » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:45 am

nfbandon wrote:... do any of you guys feel or have you tried pressuring the right elbow into the right hip with the left arm and keeping that pressure against the right elbow through impact? ...

Yes. I make sure my pivot (torso) is pressuring the left arm/right elbow while creating not only a binding pressure in the armpit/upper bicep area, but also holding the left arm "back". Doing so helps keep my arms from acting independently. I do not focus on the right elbow at all. It's ingrained for me to put it in a pitch position and not straighten it through impact.

Cheers,

Captain Chaos
CaptainChaos

Postby IronOfZion » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:54 am

CaptainChaos wrote:... but also holding the left arm "back".

Captain,
Can you elaborate on what you mean by 'back' here?
The path to enlightenment is paved with good intentions.
IronOfZion

Postby CaptainChaos » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:52 am

IronOfZion wrote:
CaptainChaos wrote:... but also holding the left arm "back".

Captain,
Can you elaborate on what you mean by 'back' here?

No problem. I probably shouldn't have used "back". As I pressure the left armpit and upper bicep into my pectoral....that same pressure attempts to keep my whole left arm rigid and low...like a spoke. I'm not a huge fan of keeping the left arm rigid with pressure from the right arm because I'll tend not to fire the right hand when doing that.

Captain Chaos
CaptainChaos

Postby IronOfZion » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:04 am

thank you, i thought you meant something along those lines...
IOZ
The path to enlightenment is paved with good intentions.
IronOfZion

Postby BomGolf222 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:48 pm

More feelings. Any thoughts on these?
Transition.jpg
Transition.jpg (59.76 KiB) Viewed 5074 times

Upthe back.jpg
Upthe back.jpg (70.94 KiB) Viewed 5071 times
BomGolf222

Postby Range Rat » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:07 pm

I like the Snead image...especially the large ball.

I used to fart around with a rather large rubber ball the size of a very large grapefruit- and it had some weight to it. My sense of it is that the more mass the ball has the more the shoulders have to be the primary source to move it in terms of feel and real rotary too. The hands and arms would not be enough mass alone. Maybe the smaller we "perceive" the actual mass is, the more we start to use the smallest amount of mass possible to move it...in a golf balls case, the hands and arms.

Now if that same regulation size golfball weighed 200 pounds, I'm sure we would proceed along totally different lines of thinking.

Resistance the extra mass provides in the larger ball is also good to to see how the wrists and hands are firing. I used to smack into the edge of a range mat to see if the hands and wrists are firing properly. The mats resistance will instanly show improper alignments.

I like that image, and I think it to be a good practice item to keep in mind that things need to feel heavy and cohesive with pressurized mass in our efforts.

Very good image Bom....I like it. :)
Range Rat

PreviousNext

Return to Top Threads (2000 Club)