Feelings

Re: Feelings

Postby Range Rat » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:20 pm

nfbandon wrote:This view created a new intention and feeling for me:
image.jpg

...and what would that be nf.....would love to hear.

Seems like the amount of club travel seen so far in the picture, compared with the L arm remaining high, would be a consideration here....yes, no? :)
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Postby nfbandon » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:35 pm

Yeah,...it is a reimagining of the 4:30 line. The line stays the same, but it goes in two directions. The right foot pushing CCW, while the hands force the clubhead on the 4:30 line in a CW direction. Extensor action in the right hand was activated. Never felt that before. It is a useful intention toward my goal of getting firmer at the top. Recently watched a video of Player where he said you must strong at the top...you must own it.
nfbandon

Postby Range Rat » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:35 am

Interesting view and sensation nfbandon. Seems like the pressures will collect somewhere behind the right heel area, almost like a a stability platform as well as an axis of sorts to turn against and leave behind.

I've been dealing with the most interesting sensations myself concerning retaining L knee flex and post impact acceleration. Now I know this sounds strange, but I feel active accelerative turn is after the ball AND everything TO THE BALL, although things are turning, is more a matter of things settling into place dynamically to turn hard, and speed up, after moving inside the L knee and feeling going past the ball, or ahead of it which I am not....but really inside the back of it. This really saves the R arm for post impact work.

Looking forward to hearing about your progress here. :)
Range Rat

Postby Range Rat » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:57 am

I think the DNA is fully set.

If I want to swing I feel light, if I want to hit I feel heavy......other than that I am officially clueless. 8-) :lol:
Range Rat

Postby Range Rat » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:47 am

Another great feel description comes from Lag and is remarkable actually in capturing late acceleration: coasting downhill with the clutch in, and popping that sucker on the upslope.

Felt like a great McQueen flick today about streets with up and down grades, tight turns, and of course pouring it on uphill.
bullit.jpg
bullit.jpg (29.31 KiB) Viewed 4809 times
Range Rat

Postby lagpressure » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:05 pm

lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby Mashie72 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:14 am

This post is just a thread bump and also a feeling that I have recently.

All along I've been doing my best to slot the club per Mod 6 or SS. However at some point around P3 I lose the slot. The feeling that has helped is that the slotting is maintained until the shaft is under P3. Then the hitting can begin. Now the hitting feels more out and level to the ball opposed to down. So the difference is that instead coming into impact like JB Holmes does with his irons it feels more like NRG's avatar.

I know the above is probably nothing new but just wanted to let others know that correct Mod work will eventually kick into the real swing even if it takes several years.

Gettin' there
"The secret is on the deck"
Mashie72

Postby HelterSkelter » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:57 pm

I have had similar feelings but sometimes I would push it right from there. Bradley's drill 7 which I believe is similar to mod 9 helped me get the orbit pull working properly and now I know where I'm going from there.

Another feel I have grasped recently is about the club feeling up. Bradley always says the club feels up to him compared to his hands. I've struggled with properly understanding that, but when you get the hit happening late enough you also get the feeling of the club head being up (and behind you) for a long time.
HelterSkelter

Postby norcalvol » Sun May 24, 2015 9:27 pm

Just wanted to share an experience I had this weekend...

My club just hired a new assistant pro to supplement the staff. Young and very enthusiastic.
He was running the pro shop during the afternoon on Saturday, and after my round, I popped in to have a look at some clothing.
We started to talk, and he asked me what clubs I play with.
"Persimmons?"
"Yeah."
"Can I see them?"
So I went to my car and came back with the day's choice...
"This is what I played with today -- Spalding Top Flight Model 28's, driver and 2 wood. They date back from the mid-1950s."

He looked like a 10 year old kid who just got his first fishing pole for his birthday.

"They're beautiful. Look at the grain!... Where on earth did you get them?"

So, I told him about Lag and Mike.

"So, you play with these?"
"Yes, but I also play some old MacGregors, and sometimes with some Hogans, and I even have my PowerBilts that I played with as far back as high school... I still hit the driver once in a while."

"So, why do you play with them?"
"Because I enjoy them. Particularly, I enjoy how they feel, especially when I hit them really well. Have you ever hit one?"
"No, I don't think so."
"There's nobody on the first tee. Why don't you hit the 2 wood?"

He nearly ran me over, grabbed a ball from the bin, a tee, and pushed the door out, walking very purposefully to the tee.
I had no idea what I was going to see.

He teed up the ball, nice and low, and then held the club and spent a few moments just trying to get the feel of it.
"Heavy, but it feels great."

From a crouched stance, he really was concentrating very intently... and then he swung.
He pured it, with a low, boring trajectory that had just a hint of a draw on it. Because I saw where it landed and because I know the distance to the far end of the fairway bunker that he carried, his shot went about 240.

He remained in his finish position until the ball hit the ground and then he just yelled at the top of his lungs "Oh My God! Oh My God!"
"It looked great --- how did it feel?"
"Like butter!!!!! It was unbelievable!!!!!!"

There was a member over on the practice putting green... he yelled at him "I just hit this persimmon! It's unbelievable!"

I'm not exaggerating any of this in any way. He had just experienced something that I think perhaps he had only read or heard about. And he was filled with pure joy. And it was so much fun to see.

Then on Sunday morning, I checked in the pro shop before my round.
"It was a lot of fun to see you hit that persimmon yesterday."
He looked at me and then got really excited and demonstrative with his hands... "I can still feel that shot through the core of my body!!!!!"

He could still feel the shot that he had made the day before --- throughout the core of his body.

That speaks volumes about many aspects of hitting persimmons that are discussed here at ABS.
Accelerate forever!
norcalvol

Postby lagpressure » Mon May 25, 2015 8:37 am

Sounds like we need to get him a set. Take him out for a game after work and explain to him how the course was designed for 240 yard drives not 340. Suddenly the course becomes a beautifully complex masterpiece of angles and position, and the green shapes make sense to accept the intended trajectories. Sounds like he'll get it.
lagpressure
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Top Threads (2000 Club)