Let's Talk Lag's Golf Machine

Re: Let's Talk Lag's Golf Machine

Postby lagpressure » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:06 am

It's ground pressures sure.. but also strength in the forearms. If the forearms are weak, they won't be able to actively release the angles into impact because as hitters, we do this actively, not passively like swingers. While the passive way may sound appealing, it has it's limitations because you cannot passively hold shaft flex all the way to the golf ball. By holding shaft flex, we can remove a critical timing element from the golf swing, and not have to worry nearly as much about discrepancies in shaft flex variation from club to club.

So opposing forces from the weight and acceleration of the golf club are in the fingers and hands... shoulder sockets, your core,
hips, legs, and ultimately grounded into your feet. So all these things need to be paid attention to.. and we do this with the ABS module work resistance training. I think it speeds up the process a bit. You could just strike millions of golf balls too, as long as you are moving the body in the right way also.
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby Craig Toone » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:56 pm

Thanks for the clarification lag. Getting there, one day at a time :)

Am I right in saying that a swing with a lack of ground pressure compared to acceleration is the route cause of an OTT swing? I.e the force is stronger than the resistance so OTT is the net result/effect?

Or was Gerry refering to holding lag?
Craig Toone

Postby Chiva » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:47 pm

So I just saw a video of Gregg McHatton the other day. I then watched and or listened to everything I could about him. His swing is what I want. At least his style. He seems like a swinger, not a hitter. Is this true?
Chiva

Postby nfbandon » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:06 pm

Yes, he teaches pure swinging. As I recall from reading that thread, he taught John years ago. John swung, before he learned to hit.
nfbandon

Postby Chiva » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:02 pm

Thanks for your reply. I'm a hitter and would like to stay one. I just really like how fluid his swing is. It looks effortless.
Chiva

Postby lagpressure » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:01 am

Am I right in saying that a swing with a lack of ground pressure compared to acceleration is the route cause of an OTT swing? I.e the force is stronger than the resistance so OTT is the net result/effect?

You are correct, it would be a contributing factor. If you pressure down into the right foot, you inhibit an OTT move.

Golfers fear hitting it fat, so the straight chop down move appears to be the easy way out.. but you can't load the shaft properly doing that.
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby dairic » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:47 pm

Chiva wrote:Thanks for your reply. I'm a hitter and would like to stay one. I just really like how fluid his swing is. It looks effortless.

I agree chiva, that swing looks like butter. While he is a swinger there many thing I love about that swing. He says there's no up in the backswing and instead calls for a deep turn with right forearm rotation. He calls for loading into the right leg to give the pivot something to work against in the down swing. It doesn't appear to me that he comes in steep and jumps out of the shot like some swingers. Instead he stays low and pivots through. DTL you can see the club head overtake his hands but still I don't see his pivot stalling?
dairic

Postby Craig Toone » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:47 am

lagpressure wrote:

You are correct, it would be a contributing factor. If you pressure down into the right foot, you inhibit an OTT move.

Golfers fear hitting it fat, so the straight chop down move appears to be the easy way out.. but you can't load the shaft properly doing that.

Thanks lag, learned a little more today thanks to Bradley's latest youtube video, how forearm rotation resists a golfers temptation to crush-kill-destroy the ball. God I love this place!!!
Craig Toone

Postby twomasters » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:01 am

When I was in Queensland a week ago I was watching The Windsor Classic video with Kim Felton and we both saw it immediately-- Lag making a putt and giving a 430 fist pump... :D

lag430pump.gif
lag430pump.gif (947.71 KiB) Viewed 5348 times
twomasters

Postby Newman » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:00 am

Keeping that right elbow in nice and tight too... :)
Newman

PreviousNext

Return to Top Threads (2000 Club)