Small World

Re: Small World

Postby eagle » Thu May 15, 2014 5:33 pm

Bom said...
the chick that used to post here? I can't remember her name?

Dani her name? Dunno what happened to her. Maybe Two or Flatlies know.

Good to hear from you Bom. Playing well I hope. You got any good pics for us, any insights?
eagle

Postby macs » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:10 am

Extremely open forearms.
Attachments
Police Superslotting.jpg
Police Superslotting.jpg (43.36 KiB) Viewed 4956 times
macs

Postby BomGolf222 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:53 pm

eagle wrote:Bom said...
the chick that used to post here? I can't remember her name?

Dani her name? Dunno what happened to her. Maybe Two or Flatlies know.

Good to hear from you Bom. Playing well I hope. You got any good pics for us, any insights?

Eagle, I hope you're well these days, man...

re: insights...

I had the pleasure of being in this guy's ball striking company recently, and it was something to behold! Remarkable stuff.

It shows that the best isn't always the most successful when it comes to golf. Serious ball striker...

Estanislao 'Tano' Goya..

BomGolf222

Postby eagle » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:47 am

I had not heard of him. Looks like a great swing to me, and surely will be admired on this site. No apparent stall/flip( simple concept but so easy to do, at least for me).

Thanks for sharing Bom. Maybe we will hear/ see more of him.
eagle

Postby BomGolf222 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:27 am

eagle wrote:I had not heard of him. Looks like a great swing to me, and surely will be admired on this site. No apparent stall/flip( simple concept but so easy to do, at least for me).

Thanks for sharing Bom. Maybe we will hear/ see more of him.

Yeah, I figured his action would be appreciated here which is why I posted the videos. It's funny, I had no idea how he specifically swung the club while seeing him hit it during the rounds, but I figured it had to be proper because he honestly didn't miss a shot, and not one of them left if he did miss.

It was cool to look at the videos at the end of the week and see a lot of the good stuff in place, and seemingly a fair few ABS fundamentals too. I find it hard to believe he wont be more well know as time goes on, assuming he holes putts, which he seems to be pretty good at in fairness..

Cheers, man.. I'll be in touch... it's been too long on my part, I hope you're well...

B
BomGolf222

Postby BomGolf222 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:25 pm

I've been really enjoying this guy's channel over the last while- he might not be to everyone's tastes, but he's genuine and quality, nonetheless.

I thought about you, Lag, when I saw this particular video..

I thought it would 'resonate' with you guys..

BomGolf222

Postby BomGolf222 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:17 pm

Hey guys, I hope you're all well, long time...

I watched that Senna movie recently, and it got me thinking about F1 cornering... (great movie btw, well worth a watch for anyone)

Good read here, I can really relate to it in terms of the golf swing. Figured I'd post it on here as it's been so long.

I've long been a fan of pre impact speed and post impact strength, and I can really relate that to how race drivers approach and exit corners. Good stuff..

http://www.formula1-dictionary.net/cornering_tech.html
BomGolf222

Postby Range Rat » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:31 pm

Wow, good to hear from you again Bom and the synchronicity proclaimed by 'The Police' is strong tonight. With the almighty as my witness I was starting to gather some stuff on the racing line tonight for a future post here. There have been some other discussions before, but I revisited the topic first hand yesterday. True story:

We have family in town from Mississippi and I took the GrandRats to a local entertainment center where they have 2 go kart layouts with some fast karts and dicey tight turns. One doesn't have to worry about tipping as the bases are quite wide. I hadn't given racing much thought in a long time but for some reason while standing in a long line waiting I remembered some of the discussion about racing lines, and the entry curve in ball striking. The curiosity while standing in line became overwhelming as some of those forum thoughts kept returning- one which was the subject of late apex in the corner.

So we strap in and my foot never left the accelerator. The late apex line really works. We spend more time in the corner but can maintain higher speed in the corner and then accelerate even more quickly coming out of it in contrast to a narrower radius with an early apex. The earlier apex spends less time in the corner but has to slow down more to navigate. So the amount of time spent in the corner with a late apex is worth it due to the ability to maintain, and even increase, the speed through the corner, over the inability of an earlier apex to do that. Stay high on the line, turn in late, fire late, and it's almost like the curve becomes one long flat piece, or flat spot!

I can't describe the move yet, but was doing it today on the range. It's almost like the late apex can only be achieved with flat shoulders ratcheting the trail arm so that the shoulders are really moving the upper assemblies to low point, THEN the hands more actively fire from there- and the hands are already essentially left by that time.

It feels like pressure movement up to low point, and then hand speed after that trying to keep up. Pretty weird that you posted that, but real cool too. It is a small world indeed.

Anyhoo, real nice to hear from you again. :D
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Postby eagle » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:07 pm

Hello Bom, glad to see evidence you are still out there. That's an interesting article, and well dissected from a racing perspective. I'm sure RR has enjoyed, as well as others, as the "turning the corner" topic comes up from time to time.

Am eager to hear any lightbulbs that go off for anyone. One question that comes to my mind....the three paths that are discussed...how might those relate to the golf-swing ( which is on an extra plane). Might those represent the hand path options from a bird's eye view?
eagle

Postby Range Rat » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:22 pm

Hey Eagle, how are you flying these days. I'm hopeful Bom has some great insights about this too- it would be so good to hear. Here's some Rat musings.

I would say more what the hands are doing, or not doing, once dropped down to the first corner- which would be P3. Instead of firing the hands, the whole upper torso and arm rotation brings the club head into the strike parameter while locking in the trail arm. Although the hands are firing some residually it feels like the shoulders are going over the top but level like that old Spanish globe Lag talks about- so at P3 the hands are out and club head back and while going for a late apex the club head goes out and the hands connected to the turn go inward on an arc- they trade place in orientation and dynamic. If not using a late apex the hands would be firing before the forearm rotation completion.

If an early apex the exit line is out to right field basically and using the late apex really gets the hands going more aggressively after the strike and maybe that's why Mr. Hogan said the fastest part is after the ball. That exactly what happens in a racing line having a late apex, the speed out of the turn is more.

I was going to put this in the Post Impact Pivot Question thread http://www.advancedballstriking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=284&t=4036&st=0&sk=t&sd=a but it seemed ok to place here.

So in other words if firing the hands too early out of P3 from that 'corner instead of letting the forearms lead the show,' that, would be an early apex. But there are two corners- one at the right pocket and one at the left pocket. So to navigate 2 corners this is way: late to early apex and this will get the club exiting low and left with speed. These guys are changing the track orbits in some very productive ways while saving enough traction for when its needed com exciting the second corner.

It is a birds eye sort of thing and a hand-club head orientation sort of thing also. :)
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

PreviousNext

Return to Top Threads (2000 Club)