1975 Masters/ Back Nine on Sunday

2nd Episode:
1984 US Open Complete Final Round Coverage from Winged Foot
A great study in playing Proper Golf

Re: 1975 Masters/ Back Nine on Sunday

Postby LesMurray » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:53 pm

Hope everyone got to see some of the par 3 contest today - Jack Nicklaus's grandson GT got a hole in one on #9. Special. I'll link the video if I can find it.

Edit: Here is a version:

LesMurray

Postby lagpressure » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:45 pm

k2baloo wrote:
nfbandon wrote:It is fun to see the youngsters get to see one of the greatest Sundays at The Masters. Watching it also humanized the players...I didn't remember the bad shots. Nicklaus hit his 8 iron on 14 fat, then knocked his putt/chip over the green. Miller ducked hooked his drive on 14. Weiskopf hit his pitch on 13 thin and it ran over the green.

Was fun to watch, but I noticed that too. A number of really poor shots sprinkled in. I need to keep that in perspective when I make bad strokes on the course. Happens to everyone, just some more than others.

Miller hooked that drive on 14 and Nichols hooked one left on 13. Other than that, the driving in general was pretty stellar.
I really like watching the putting when they can all hit their putts with some aggression. The whole super tentative putting across greens of glass I suppose has been a tactic to try and make the scoring more difficult. The greens have just got faster and faster it seems year after year. I just can't imagine Bobby Jones and Dr Alister would ever have wanted to see this trend.
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby LesMurray » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:25 pm

Here's a better video of the hole in one.

LesMurray

Previous

Return to Classic Golf Rewind of the Persimmon Age