Bradley Hughes Cuts Loose!

Re: Bradley Hughes Cuts Loose!

Postby Ded2Journey » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:24 pm

Oh, RR...your puns... 8-)

I agree, Brad is just giving stuff away left and right these days. Seems people are more interested in following flashy videos than ones filled with substance. SIGH...
"People have always been telling me what I can't do. I guess I have wanted to show them. That's been one of my driving forces all my life." -Ben Hogan
Ded2Journey

Postby twomasters » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:07 pm

twomasters

Postby lagpressure » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:13 pm

Spot on!

The faster the left shoulder moves away from the ball post impact, the more power. Also, it helps with accuracy because you can combine that with
a no roll release that keeps the clubface looking at the target longer as Trevino promoted.

Good stuff!
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby Range Rat » Mon May 13, 2019 6:56 am

Two has some good cheese nuggets on his Instagram account, like Lag does here, been periodically sniffing around like usual. :lol:

I've done TM's drill lots of times at the LaRange to preserve what little sanity I had left, but it was a little shorter move to pressure balls up into the ball bin which was maybe 3 feet above the floor. On grass it may be a little different than indoor-outdoor carpeting, but the only way I found to do it inside was to first down pressure: a little more knee flex motivating pressuring the shaft down, then moving left like TM is saying.

I like what TM says about the club staying on the ball longer which, to me, speaks to a duality apparent within a vast array of swing attributes, TM's observation being one of them: we either stay on the ball longer, or we don't, no middle ground. Another is, we either tip the toe through the zone, or we don't, no middle ground there either. The list is long.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxXNV9GFsSK/
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Postby ballturf » Mon May 13, 2019 4:39 pm

Range Rat

Thanks for sharing Two's Instagram, This cheese head has been doing this drill for a month now :D I was wasting some time in my backyard where I have my golf net. I just started throwing balls into my net this way. My God I was on to something. :lol: I was also doing this when I was practicing chip shots I would gather my balls with my wedge and throw them back to my area were I was chipping from but my ball was way farther back in my stance. I didn't even know it was a ABS drill.

BallTurf :P
The only way to permanently learn a motor skill is thru REPETITION !
ballturf

Postby ballturf » Mon May 13, 2019 5:01 pm

ballturf wrote:Range Rat

Thanks for sharing Two's Instagram, This cheese head has been doing this drill for a month now :D I was wasting some time in my backyard where I have my golf net. I just started throwing balls into my net this way. My God I was on to something. :lol: I was also doing this when I was practicing chip shots I would gather my balls with my wedge and throw them back to my area were I was chipping from but my ball was way farther back in my stance. I didn't even know it was a ABS drill.

BallTurf :P

Well as I went outside to do this drill and then I started hitting golf balls, I had a :idea: Light Bulb moment ( I'm doing module three except with a golf ball in my path) What do you know!! :o :lol: I'm drilling!!!

BallTurf
The only way to permanently learn a motor skill is thru REPETITION !
ballturf

Postby Range Rat » Tue May 14, 2019 9:21 am

:lol:

The nuggets from Lag and Bradley on ABS are ripe for picking, if one knows how to use what they're trying to convey. Bradley gave a hint of his delayed acceleration drill on Instagram a long time ago on SITD using twirling a ball that's on the end of a string for an example. I took note of it then as a genuine pearl, and maybe some will be able to have a similar reaction to it.

Two basically said while holding an orbiting ball on a string one has two choices if they wanted to impact a wall 20 feet away with full weight. 1. They can stay where they are and let the weight-ball go and send the ball 20 feet away thereby hitting with only the ball's weight , or 2., they can keep ball twirling ball in-hand while walking closer and closer to the wall until they get close enough, and without letting go of the ball, use the body's rotation to coordinate smashing the ball into the wall, using all the weight of us, and ball. Close to that, can't remember the exact words, but close.
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Previous

Return to Bradley Hughes Cuts Loose