George Knudson`s release

Re: George Knudson`s release

Postby norcalvol » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:11 pm

Range Rat wrote:Here's the GIF that went missing on the first page due to my error I think.

The think that really strikes me about this gif is the various head positions. George allow himself to allow his head to move back on the backswing... and my experience with this is that it might be to allow a bigger shoulder turn... but notice that his head comes back on the downswing until he reaches P3 where his head is at a position that is maintained through the strike --- the position is the same as it was at address... until P4 where his continuing pivot then carries his head to the finish position.

So, starting from head position at address... Head goes back during the backswing...
Then head comes forward during the initial downswing...
Then, head no longer moves from P3 to P4 (and position is the same as it was address)...
Then head moves forward from P4 onward to finish position.
Accelerate forever!
norcalvol

Postby paradigm_shift » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:42 pm

So what exactly are the differences between George's swing when he was on tour/shell matches vs the Bermuda video?

I'm the older days I notice he has more knee flex and I assume that at both address & impact the butt of his club is facing lower down on his groin. Is this simply because he was playing flatter lies back then and was forced to bend his knees more?
paradigm_shift

Postby Range Rat » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:00 pm

Instead of updating Photobucket, straight from the Ratbucket

131.gif
131.gif (1.37 MiB) Viewed 943 times
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Postby paradigm_shift » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:37 pm

Great video! Thanks.
paradigm_shift

Postby Ded2Journey » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:28 pm

norcalvol wrote:
Range Rat wrote:Here's the GIF that went missing on the first page due to my error I think.

The think that really strikes me about this gif is the various head positions. George allow himself to allow his head to move back on the backswing... and my experience with this is that it might be to allow a bigger shoulder turn... but notice that his head comes back on the downswing until he reaches P3 where his head is at a position that is maintained through the strike --- the position is the same as it was at address... until P4 where his continuing pivot then carries his head to the finish position.

So, starting from head position at address... Head goes back during the backswing...
Then head comes forward during the initial downswing...
Then, head no longer moves from P3 to P4 (and position is the same as it was address)...
Then head moves forward from P4 onward to finish position.

Based on what I've read in Knudson's book, I have to think that his head position really wasn't a thought. In fact I would imagine with heavier clubs it would be far easier to move your head and maintain balance which was a definite principal he taught through and through. Although lag covered it in Great depth earlier, I still think that when you're only swing thought is having balance, and managing "orbit pull/CF" beyond impact, head movement is an afterthought.

Instead, the focus should be directed at balance and managing forces beyond impact. If you want to swing as Knudson did...
"People have always been telling me what I can't do. I guess I have wanted to show them. That's been one of my driving forces all my life." -Ben Hogan
Ded2Journey

Previous

Return to Public Forum- Concepts in Advanced Ball Striking