What Do You See (Part 2)

Re: What Do You See (Part 2)

Postby nfbandon » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:21 am

Relating this to the golf swing I sense that you would have some slack in the arms at the top of the BS, that transition would remove that slack, and then the arms would be pulled in and around by the rotation. During that transition period while the slack is being taken out the club would feel like it is suspended up in the air. We discussed Furyk being a good example, but clouded by his extreme closeness to the ball requiring him to swing his arms so far up to create room. Everyone focuses on that and not the fact that his club falls behind him like it is left behind and chases thereafter never catching up. He has no hand manipulation through impact similar to that O'Grady MORAD video using a bit of stronger grip to ensure a square impact.
nfbandon

Postby Frozen Divots » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:30 am

Slack depends on where you put your arms. Higher and upright can have more slack. Furyk doesn’t change his swing because he is close to ball, it’s the other way around.

Remember the wheel video I posted on SITD and you posted here? That is a golf swing. That’s why I posted that to begin with.

The rotation seeking and merging with rotation (no different than planets, solar systems, galaxies and the quantum). Wheel and Rope, rope is our pivot. Club is wheel except we power it differently.
The two rotations are very similar with a Furyk. Close to each other, etc.

I did my own wheel/rope experiment years ago but I powered the ROPE, or the rod I used. Had to tweak things for golf effect but it ended up being a perfect swing. Better than Iron Byron because it was more ‘human in structure’.

Watch Furyk again and put the rope as his body. You’ll see it.

Now watch my pivot...see why we want true rotation???? It’s the rod in my experiment. Crane loses it and causes the entanglement in force I mentioned. Clear as day in the imagery I use.

And we don’t spin club like wheel, we flip the poles and that enhances the pivot.

And this swing in a pool, golfer disappearing, creates the ‘fill’ that shows quite a bit.

Furyk is easy to see. So is Bubba but he loses it and re-pressures later. He is coached incorrectly.

Hogan was in his own way.

Are things starting to make sense?
Frozen Divots

Postby nfbandon » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:49 am

Don't remember that wheel video. Could you repost?
nfbandon

Postby nfbandon » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:56 am

I am starting to get the poles and the trebuchet analogy. The thing that was stumping me was the notion of a hub you mention. The hub is moving because we are moving but it feels stationary. That is the lightbulb that I was missing.
nfbandon

Postby nfbandon » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:12 pm

Is this it?

If so the wheel isn't the best analogy to us since we have a clubhead on one end and arm sockets on the other. We are not a circle or wheel, so one end goes to limit and flips to the other. The trebuchet.
nfbandon

Postby LesMurray » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:31 pm

Seeing John's latest swing video he posted a few weeks ago, I really am beginning to see this trebuchet or pole reversal thing - if I understand it correctly.

When you discuss the pole reversal - is it the centripetal forces that cause this pole reversal?
LesMurray

Postby Frozen Divots » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:40 pm

Correct, the club is not a wheel, but the merging rotations and transfer of torque in that video are like the pivot I talk about and the torque of the club. Imagine the lower half of club head travel being the bottom of the wheel. It's not exact but you can see it. And then understand what the forces are doing to each
other. L chasing T. Both L's and both T's. Perfect mesh.

Now, the flipping of poles. God is in the details on this one. Is centripetal force involved? Yes. But here is the deal...in swing pressure #2, you need to contain and fight, restrict, draw it in like the skater, etc. This coam idea is not was coam even is. It threw everyone off course. Can you do it? Yes. But a true misunderstanding years ago sent things a different direction.

This goes back to MORAD and what I would said to Mac. I know what he was after. But the coam of the skater is not the same in the use of a golf club, literally. Change two things, in general, and MORAD dominates to this day.

The centripetal of the club in #3 is the club head and hands (wheel rim and hub). The hands work around the head, not the other way around. The club head feels weightless but then gains MORE and EARLIER. Now you have massive lag pressure. That gains the whole way and you keep turning (hopefully like the rope or rod in my experiment). Those mesh, like the video. Ball gets in the way.

Ben Hogan wishes he was a hologram who could play golf (maybe he actually is now...). Anyhow...what would a hologram do? It has a HUGE advantage if it could swing a club.

It would do what I said was 'cutting yourself in half'

It would pressure 3# right through itself. Club head would gain so much and be able to flip on plane and you have the perfect golfer. Total pole flip in rotation like the Earth.

Hogan wasn't a hologram (then). So he had to split his pivot to allow for this. People think I am kidding when I talk about his secret...I am not. He mastered #3 on a flat plane. Very hard to do and very very illusory. Very illusory. But he did not have to split his pivot. Different story.

I used to win the sledgehammer game high striker when I was a teenager, against guys twice my size. I did this very thing. I fooled people with a forward step to throw them off. It made it look like I was using #1 when I was #3 and they couldn't see it. Never lost. Same thing. The guy running it was baffled beyond belief.

BTW, the wasn't the rigged wire high striker...for you high striker historians...:)
Frozen Divots

Postby nfbandon » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:29 pm

So I think I am getting it. Hogan was in his own way because his rotation was oval because he moved a lot laterally. Mac's transition was too down with the right shoulder. You have to be around the corner before you slice, by going down he was aimed too far out to right field. You want to be aimed to left field...right through your gut.

In this swing from 3 years ago when I was working on this...and you didn't give me a lot to go on...I was not allowing the poles to flip...I was yanking with the hands too soon at least in part because I had a lateral bump...a crane...not allowing the club to float and act as the hub before the flip, correct?

nfbandon

Postby nfbandon » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:56 pm

Compare how cramped I am at the top to Hogan. You commented how flat Hogan was, and maybe he got that way in the 50s after the accident, but he isn't here. His right arm is not cramped and the left arm is on or even slightly above the shoulder line. If you watch him go to delivery the clubhead stay up in the air fairly stationary other than moving a bit back in response to the rotation, then the pole flips and he goes like lightening. He is aimed right through his gut.

nfbandon

Postby lagpressure » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:33 pm

nfbandon wrote:Is this it?

If so the wheel isn't the best analogy to us since we have a clubhead on one end and arm sockets on the other. We are not a circle or wheel, so one end goes to limit and flips to the other. The trebuchet.

Another thought on the gyro bike wheel is that it has to be at full RPM before it shows that bizarre stabilizing effect. In the golf swing, we don't really access those forces throughout the entire swing. It would get more stable as the speed increases in the downswing. It's never really at a constant for very long... but nevertheless, for a moment it is very much a force to be reckoned with.
lagpressure
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Public Forum- Concepts in Advanced Ball Striking