Lee Trevino

Re: Lee Trevino

Postby norcalvol » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:25 am

From GlobalGolfPost comes a recent interview of Lee Trevino by Ron Green, Jr.

I choked as much as the next guy, but my swing for some reason would withstand pressure more than a flipper. I was a blocker. A blocker can withstand more pressure.
Accelerate forever!
norcalvol

Postby NRG » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:37 pm

NRG

Postby Wknhacker » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:11 am

I could listen to Lee Trevino talking about golf clubs for hours on end.

What a fascinating personality. I would have loved to see him on tour in his prime.
"I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone's golf game: it's called an eraser." - Arnold Palmer
Wknhacker

Postby Wknhacker » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:26 am

Lee's comment at 30:41 mark - "Speed comes from the left shoulder. The faster you can move your left shoulder out of there...the more lag/speed".

Isn't this one of the core concepts of ABS? I'm sure I've heard Lag preach about this before.
"I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone's golf game: it's called an eraser." - Arnold Palmer
Wknhacker

Postby Range Rat » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:48 am

Trevino is always filled with funny stuff, and yes the left shoulder comment by him is correct, keeping the shaft pinned to rotation, which Lag refers to frequently. The gear discussion was good too about bending a shaft on the run. :lol:- Trevino also used to mill wedge faces to the extent when the face was set wide open the grooves would be 90* to the start line, so conversely when the face was set 'normally' at address the grooves would be at an angle.

Good stuff NRG :)
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Postby Nickj1 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:55 pm

Nickj1

Postby Range Rat » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:43 pm

I'm starting to think Ben who?. The drop is so pronounced and from the inside, and how it eventually hooks up to rotation, with Trevino's set up it feels like the shaft gets perilously close to the trail thigh around P3 because the clubhead is not getting in front of the hands. Pretty cool stuff, enjoying Trevino a lot, smart guy. Found this, what Lag talks about but don't know how to embed like YT. Any of you tech giants know how to download video from Golf Channel to PC. I tried some download platforms like Keep Vid, and a few others, but can't seem to crack it from Golf Channel. Where the hell is IOZ when needed. :lol:

https://www.golfchannel.com/video/pga-show-2016-lee-trevino-biggest-amateur-mistake
Range Rat

Postby Range Rat » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:50 am

Range Rat

Postby Wknhacker » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:16 am

Came across this video of a clinic Lee and John Daly recently did.

Some great stuff in there. He talks about accelerating the club so that the club head is not out racing the left hand, among other things.

Wknhacker

Previous

Return to Public Forum- Concepts in Advanced Ball Striking