Let's Post Some ABS Course Vlogs

Re: Let's Post Some ABS Course Vlogs

Postby Ded2Journey » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:58 pm

Thanks Les, I'm working very hard with Stu Carlburger... we're deep in the rabbit holes gentlemen!

I have no intention of"looking" like Mr. Hogan...although, I certainly did for a long time in great error. I do however desire his freedom and power , but recognize now that I do not have his body type, hand size, nor many other biomechanical variables that make him Hogan. Thus, I apply many of the ABS principal's, my own biomechanical understanding, and physics to develop my action. I'm getting rather fed up with the useless content on YouTube and plan to take a stand. It's great to know where true ballstrikers live.

Unfortunately, those are my Mizuno MP 69 irons. They were hand-me-downs from a good friend of mine. They still need some modifications because I took them and made them a little too flat but beyond that I'm really enjoying the Forgiveness of them. I still practice regularly with my Murfields but as heavy as lag made (E5+) them it can be quite a grind and I find that I wear myself out rather easy these days.

I'll be posting a lot of videos coming here shortly trying to reveal and unravel some of this nonsense that people are posting online. I'm not going to give away the secrets but I'm going to expose these guys for the frauds they are. The secret is in the dirt, not in a video that is such terrible low quality content it's only going to confuse people. Sorry off my soapbox now...thanks for viewing!!!

Missed this place.
"People have always been telling me what I can't do. I guess I have wanted to show them. That's been one of my driving forces all my life." -Ben Hogan
Ded2Journey

Postby Ded2Journey » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:57 pm

Well, got out and played today--FINALLY! It's been a long 2 months, but it was a great welcome back. 40-34=74 (Par 70), I didn't take any video footage as I was catching up with an old military buddy from Colorado--thought it might be a bit rude. However, beyond overseeding (gotta be more aggressive on chips, pitches, and long putts), yardage control (hitting it much longer at sea level than before--mental adjustment needed), shafts being too soft (x100's need some tipping now--or I need to go to 7.5/8's), and the damn modern driver...I'm very happy with my progress. I promise to throw some video footage out there next time, but I also wanted to keep what K2 started up and running. Seems the site has been dry of comments for a while...
"People have always been telling me what I can't do. I guess I have wanted to show them. That's been one of my driving forces all my life." -Ben Hogan
Ded2Journey

Postby Ded2Journey » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:31 pm

Ded2Journey wrote:Well, got out and played today--FINALLY! It's been a long 2 months, but it was a great welcome back. 40-34=74 (Par 70), I didn't take any video footage as I was catching up with an old military buddy from Colorado--thought it might be a bit rude. However, beyond overseeding (gotta be more aggressive on chips, pitches, and long putts), yardage control (hitting it much longer at sea level than before--mental adjustment needed), shafts being too soft (x100's need some tipping now--or I need to go to 7.5/8's), and the damn modern driver...I'm very happy with my progress. I promise to throw some video footage out there next time, but I also wanted to keep what K2 started up and running. Seems the site has been dry of comments for a while...

Correction: 41-34:75... miscounted. After running my stats, 8/12 FIR, 13/18 GIR, 34 Putts, 1/6 up/downs :x , 70% mental Game/pre shot routine execution. Need to get back to playing!
Ded2Journey

Postby k2baloo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:02 am

8 fairways and 13 greens is solid. Keep up the good work!

I haven't played in over a month now, but hope to get another round or two in before courses close here.
k2baloo

Postby Ded2Journey » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:16 am

k2baloo wrote:8 fairways and 13 greens is solid. Keep up the good work!

I haven't played in over a month now, but hope to get another round or two in before courses close here.

That sucks. I can still remember the depression that set in when I lived in Boston. I feel your pain...

I played again the other day at McCormick Ranch here in AZ. My footage was so terrible it made me dizzy trying to edit...haha. 9 fairways, 14 greens, +2 with a triple. I'll have to wait until November before I play again, but I think I'm about ready to tee it up on the mini tour stage again. All my big numbers are coming off the tee...seems the driver is far too upright still (53°). I'm going to be playing in a pro scratch game here, so no footage...but I'll post results.
Ded2Journey

Postby k2baloo » Tue May 15, 2018 8:38 pm

Got out and filmed my first course vlog in some time. Heavy rains prevented me from filming a couple holes. Everything's a bit rusty. Hit the woods okay but struggled with the irons; I think the irons need some more overall weight. Will be working on sorting that out as soon as I can get some new lead tape.

Also, I went ahead and did a little voiceover. I'm not the most exciting commentator so it may not have been worth the effort, but it was a good learning experience nonetheless. The video editor decreased the quality of the videos which is unfortunate, but they're good enough.

Good luck to all this season!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjJEnjjSbsc
k2baloo

Postby Ded2Journey » Wed May 16, 2018 5:18 am

K2,

Game looks a little rusty, but fun to watch you knock it around. Decent round I'd say for a rainy day...and self professed lack of practice. I'd like to see which balls you end up reviewing. I'm stuck on the SRIXON Z-Star and the TM TP5...do you know which ones you are going to try?

I know your pain with the smartphone...look at tripods with bluetooth remotes. Saves a lot of energy... ;)

I'm going to have to start penalizing you for leaving the stick in... :D :lol:
Ded2Journey

Postby k2baloo » Wed May 16, 2018 6:28 am

Ded2Journey wrote:K2,

Game looks a little rusty, but fun to watch you knock it around. Decent round I'd say for a rainy day...and self professed lack of practice. I'd like to see which balls you end up reviewing. I'm stuck on the SRIXON Z-Star and the TM TP5...do you know which ones you are going to try?

I know your pain with the smartphone...look at tripods with bluetooth remotes. Saves a lot of energy... ;)

I'm going to have to start penalizing you for leaving the stick in... :D :lol:

Thanks Ded, definitely a tough start but I started getting the hang of it later on. For golf ball testing, I have a sample pack of Vice's line of golf balls on the way and may throw a few others in the mix. I'll most likely end up using one of Vice's urethane models unless they're terrible... I must admit I'm a sucker for the red and lime green models they make.
I played the 2015 Z Stars all last year, and had a few dozen left. But I wasn't in love with them and sold them off. Hence the need to find a new ball.
I found the Srixons to be great off wedges and short irons, but they didn't pair well with my driver. I had the yellow models and wonder if that messed with the feel of the urethane. At times they felt a little dead to me.

Ha, yeah, I guess by the rules I shot 52 since I holed out most of my putts with the stick in. :D
k2baloo

Postby Ded2Journey » Wed May 16, 2018 8:31 am

Tough day... :mrgreen:

Well, not to overshadow you K2...but I just uploaded my Course Vlog too...
My buddy Adam and I Played 9 holes at a little Par 3 track. Not our best, but fun either way...ENJOY!

Ded2Journey

Postby k2baloo » Wed May 16, 2018 9:31 am

What's the lie angle on the putter you're using? From your setup it looks like it must be a bit flat.

Nice vid, I like playing the par 3 courses.
k2baloo

PreviousNext

Return to Public Forum- Concepts in Advanced Ball Striking