Let's Post Some ABS Course Vlogs

Re: Let's Post Some ABS Course Vlogs

Postby Ded2Journey » Thu May 17, 2018 4:03 am

k2baloo wrote:What's the lie angle on the putter you're using? From your setup it looks like it must be a bit flat.

Nice vid, I like playing the par 3 courses.

Thanks man...we had fun for sure. My putter is very flat, but I honestly haven't touched the lie angle for a couple of years now. I did cut my putter down to 33" a couple of days ago though. Seems I'm shrinking... :lol:

Wish I could say more...
"People have always been telling me what I can't do. I guess I have wanted to show them. That's been one of my driving forces all my life." -Ben Hogan
Ded2Journey

Postby k2baloo » Sat May 19, 2018 10:05 am

My Vice golf balls got here. In addition to those, I ordered a sample pack of Cut urethane golf balls. Will probably choose my gamer after testing all of these.
k2baloo

Postby LesMurray » Mon May 21, 2018 8:50 am

k2baloo wrote:My Vice golf balls got here. In addition to those, I ordered a sample pack of Cut urethane golf balls. Will probably choose my gamer after testing all of these.

Have you tried the Wilson Duo or Duo Spin ball? I've been using the Duo Spin with pretty good success. I think they are a little shorter than ProV1 and on full approach shots don't seem to have as much "holding power" in comparison - meaning the Wilson ball will roll out a tad more when hitting full shots into the greens. I don't see much difference in putting, chipping, and pitching.
LesMurray

Postby k2baloo » Mon May 21, 2018 1:27 pm

I wasn't planning on trying them. In my experience, surlyn covered balls launch too high with too little spin on a lot of short iron, wedge, and pitch shots.
Probably not true of them all, but I strongly prefer a urethane ball at this point. I bet the duo feels great off persimmon though.
k2baloo

Postby Ded2Journey » Fri May 25, 2018 6:41 pm

I loved the feel of the duo, but lost way too much yardage. Ball seemed "smushy"...but man it was nice off the putter face. Decent enough around the greens for the price, pretty good ball Les. However, I think for our technique and value, the Srixon Z-Star cannot be beat...
"People have always been telling me what I can't do. I guess I have wanted to show them. That's been one of my driving forces all my life." -Ben Hogan
Ded2Journey

Postby Ded2Journey » Sat May 26, 2018 6:51 pm

More entertainment this weekend...

Ded2Journey

Postby Ded2Journey » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:22 am

Good Friday all!

I did a little golf ball review on my home course and figured I'd share it with everyone. I played 9 holes and kept some basic stats that I show at the end of the video. I only filmed shots where I thought there was good data to gain from the viewer. As you all know I've tested golf equipment extensively...I'm deciding between this and the TP5. I'll be doing a comparison of them soon.

Additionally, the Tour B330 is now the Tour B, which I plan to test against the TP5. If there are any other tests you guys are interested in seeing, let me know. I believe these to be the best two golf balls for our technique right now.

I'm doing my best to grow my youtube channel and give back to this game. Folks seem very misguided (not that I know it all, fully aware)...anyway, ENJOY! Much love...

Ded2Journey

Postby Ded2Journey » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:59 am

Friday Afternoon entertainment. My student Adam and I went out to do a practice round at Wellshire GC here in Denver, CO. 1926 design...very tight, very traditional, absolutely a thrill to play (first time playing it). Also, a lot of crap talking here...maybe a bit too much, but we had a great time preparing for our tournament. Just to be clear, we prepared for the tournament in between our match. :D

Ded2Journey

Postby k2baloo » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:23 pm

I played a 1-man scramble (2 balls for each shot) and had a good time. The course is kind of a goat track, but the perk is no one plays it! I also hit one of the absolute worst shots I've ever recorded on video :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZjEgOFR-9o&feature=youtu.be
k2baloo

Postby k2baloo » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:24 pm

k2baloo

PreviousNext

Return to Public Forum- Concepts in Advanced Ball Striking