Hit it Out of the Center?

Hit it Out of the Center?

Postby k2baloo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:36 pm

So I've known this for a long time, but I hit 95% of my shots out of the heel of the golf club. I've done this for a long time, and if I hit it any further towards the toe it doesn't feel solid at all. I hit ~25 balls last night at the range with a 7-iron and all were contacted to the heel-side of center. Works great with irons (especially old blades), but not so much with the driver and woods as I still have a tendency to hit those out of the heel. I'm sitting here wondering if I should play an almost straight-faced driver to see if that would help. Has anyone tried something like that?? Anyone else on here with a non-center-of-the-face impact pattern?

Not sure how well the ball marks will show up so did a general outline with a marker. Was consistently impacting the ball in the same spot, maybe a groove higher than I would want but this is where I hit most of my shots on normal days.

IMG_20180214_231506484_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180214_231506484_HDR.jpg (732.2 KiB) Viewed 445 times
k2baloo

Re: Hit it Out of the Center?

Postby lagpressure » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:52 pm

Good strikers will tend to hit more inside on the irons because they are coming more from the inside and rotating into impact correctly.
Hackers come OTT and fear the shank and wear a mark out toward the toe.

As far as your driver, try hitting a bit more to the inside quadrant of the golf ball. Should fix that. Adjust your alignment accordingly.
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby k2baloo » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:43 pm

Will give that a try. I was comforted to see Hogan's wear spot in the heel of the iron. That's about the only thing the two of us have in common :lol:
k2baloo

Postby lagpressure » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:16 pm

k2baloo wrote:Will give that a try. I was comforted to see Hogan's wear spot in the heel of the iron. That's about the only thing the two of us have in common :lol:

Well, you both have enjoyed the feel of a persimmon strike and pure blades against balata balls.
Few today have had that experience!
lagpressure
Site Admin

Return to Public Forum- Concepts in Advanced Ball Striking