Robbo RIP

Robbo RIP

Postby lagpressure » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:41 am

Robbo.jpg
Robbo.jpg (6.6 KiB) Viewed 1610 times

It is with great sadness that I learned this morning of the passing of a friend and lover of the game of golf... our beloved Robbo.
Rob was a fine player with a great golf swing and brought so much insight to us here at ABS as well as other golf fanatic sites on the web.. SITD etc.

Rob supported us and it was great to meet him in person at a couple of the TRGA events we hosted in Las Vegas. We played golf together there and I have not met many that were as passionate about the classic game as he was.

I know Robbo was dealing with cancer and we spoke for hours on the phone around the time of The Masters earlier this year. He sounded a bit weak but still upbeat and positive about the future. I just assumed he would be ok. I hadn't heard from Robbo in a while and was thinking about him yesterday with some recent Hogan discussion. Robbo slotted the club as good as anyone I have ever seen. I learned a lot from watching him up close and enjoyed working with him here at ABS has he was one of the most dedicated students.

I wish the best for his family and loved ones he has left behind. He certainly has left a significant legacy here at ABS with nearly 1000 insightful posts on our forums that we can all enjoy and treasure for years to come.

http://obits.dallasnews.com/obituaries/dallasmorningnews/obituary.aspx?pid=189084426
lagpressure
Site Admin

Re: Robbo RIP

Postby lagpressure » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:00 am

Here is a link to 944 posts Robbo contributed here over the years since June of 2009.

search.php?author_id=62&sr=posts
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby k2baloo » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:34 am

Very sad to hear this. I never had the pleasure of knowing him that well, but he was a fantastic contributor here with an excellent swing.

My thoughts and prayers with his loved ones.
k2baloo

Postby LesMurray » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:48 am

Robbo was always a positive voice here and I always looked forward to his posts. I raise a glass in his honor. Until we meet again Robbo.
LesMurray

Postby Range Rat » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:17 pm

So sad to hear. Robbo is one of the few here on ABS who will always carry a large voice, and heart, in this forum. I remember seeing his strong transition/slot on YT posted on SITD, I think it was, and it was real solid work, a player.
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Postby lagpressure » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:06 pm

A post from Robbo earlier this year.

This is where my swing has evolved to at the moment. I tinker a bit with my mechanics (to my detriment?) but I find it to be an enjoyable part of the game/journey. My transition has been that way for quite a while now and I don't really give it any thought. The ABS work I've done has reinforced that move as well as my entry into the ball (Mod 1). When I look at these videos it's apparent that I am lacking in the PIA (post impact acceleration) department which produces that "stall-then-throw" look and a lack of power. I hit it pretty straight so squaring it up isn't a problem but I need to pick up some yardage to play competitively. Mods 2 and 3 have always been a grind for me and I think it shows so it may be time to revisit those and get after it.

Robbo

Here are some swings from earlier this year.

lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby lagpressure » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:14 pm

I have to say that after watching these videos again, it would be hard to believe this is a man who will be denied further living in two months by this terrible disease.

Robbo's golf swing will live on here at ABS, and for that I am thankful...and I know Rob would be too... for learning and study for all of us.
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby Wknhacker » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:42 am

Such tragic news Lag. Robbo did indeed have a wonderful golf swing. I recall seeing his swings on YouTube and subscribing to his channel.

My sympathies and condolences to his family.
"I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone's golf game: it's called an eraser." - Arnold Palmer
Wknhacker

Postby eagle » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:59 pm

Very sorry to hear about Robbo. He was a great addition here, and had a fine swing.
He will be missed.
eagle
eagle

Return to Public Forum- Concepts in Advanced Ball Striking