Masters 2019...

Re: Masters 2019...

Postby k2baloo » Wed May 01, 2019 5:39 pm

Bummer about Mare. Strangely enough, a lot of the smaller, older courses around here still do well.

Lag,
You've written too much to respond to, especially since I'm on my phone right now. Might type some thoughts tomorrow.
Cheers all
k2baloo

Postby lagpressure » Wed May 01, 2019 9:31 pm

k2baloo wrote:Bummer about Mare. Strangely enough, a lot of the smaller, older courses around here still do well.

Lag,
You've written too much to respond to, especially since I'm on my phone right now. Might type some thoughts tomorrow.
Cheers all

My annual rant is usually around Masters time. Sometimes the US Open.
I rarely watch any golf these days. Just bores me to sleep. Long drives missing fairways, then wedges on every par 4 from light rough.
I'd rather watch paint dry.
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby Range Rat » Thu May 02, 2019 9:27 am

Mare looks it might be kinda fun. Don't know a whole lot about it but this picture reminds me of some of the newer ballparks built with an old-school flair which shows some skyline in the background. Sad to hear about maybe closing it down. What's this picture showing, a downhill par 3 from an elevated tee, or just an elevated look at a different hole's green?

MAREISLANDGOLFCOURSE.jpg
MAREISLANDGOLFCOURSE.jpg (189.48 KiB) Viewed 752 times
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Postby lagpressure » Fri May 03, 2019 7:33 am

I'll start a new thread on this.
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby Ded2Journey » Sat May 04, 2019 5:36 am

"People have always been telling me what I can't do. I guess I have wanted to show them. That's been one of my driving forces all my life." -Ben Hogan
Ded2Journey

Postby lagpressure » Sat May 04, 2019 9:00 am

Pretty much what I always felt regarding the move from hickory to steel. As far as distance, not much.
These guys were hitting hickory about the same distance as steel.

The steel shafts enabled players to get into a set of clubs that were more consistent in shaft flex which aided accuracy.
it didn't change the game significantly or require that courses be completely revamped etc.
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby Ded2Journey » Thu May 09, 2019 12:35 pm

lagpressure wrote:Pretty much what I always felt regarding the move from hickory to steel. As far as distance, not much.
These guys were hitting hickory about the same distance as steel.

The steel shafts enabled players to get into a set of clubs that were more consistent in shaft flex which aided accuracy.
it didn't change the game significantly or require that courses be completely revamped etc.

" Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands." -Nigerian Proverb
"People have always been telling me what I can't do. I guess I have wanted to show them. That's been one of my driving forces all my life." -Ben Hogan
Ded2Journey

Previous

Return to Public Forum- Concepts in Advanced Ball Striking