Swing Postings

Hosted by Grady (NFBANDON)

Re: Swing Postings

Postby stevemcgee99 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:02 pm

お久しぶりです。

Not squeezing my legs together.
Digging into the ground and pushing off with the right leg, but not doing mod 2 all the way.

Took quite a long break from mods to repair my left elbow. Now I'm ready to get back to breaking 100 again.
McGee
stevemcgee99

Postby stevemcgee99 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:13 pm

When I watch this in 0.25 mode I can see the shaft is flexed at impact. Really love these woods. Need to repair a chip and refinish them.
McGee
stevemcgee99

Postby LesMurray » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:49 pm

Been working hard over the last few months. I like where I am headed. Tonight I almost felt like Jim Furyk swinging out of my right pocket. I really need to feel my right hip drive through the shot and that I am pushing with my right hand. I still let the club throw out a little as I go past impact and straighten the right arm. Fighting some tendinitis in my left wrist and don't have the strength to hold the X.

My latest breakthrough has been the feeling that I am throwing the club handle towards the target. Very right sided feel.

It's getting close.

Here's DTL with a 6-iron.

And the FO view.

LesMurray

Postby LesMurray » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:50 pm

I try to do a small basket of right-handed only shots as a warm-up. If I can do these well, my regular shots tend to be very good.

LesMurray

Postby stevemcgee99 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:13 pm

Nice!

I love how the night shots show the ball's flight so well. I think I should find a range like that.
McGee
stevemcgee99

Postby stevemcgee99 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:16 pm

From this morning:

A little over-the-top as you can see.

Ball flight similar to front view shot, but further.
McGee
stevemcgee99

Postby eth14dev » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:07 am

Hey Steve,

Just want to chime in and say love the way your front leg works on the takeaway and backswing. Looks very classic 50's-60's style front leg movement with the knee bending in towards the ball then coming back around to brace after weight transfer from the transition. Based on what you mentioned about your leg work in regards to your right foot pressure and in context with "mod 2", I am thinking you are working on getting more lower body action(?). Seeing as I am not versed in the mods, I don't want to make assumptions. Just want to say love that front knee, and the top of your backswing from DTL looks awesome.

So hope your elbow is better now, and here's to you breaking not only 100, but 90, 80, and 70 eventually too! :D
eth14dev

Postby eth14dev » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:15 am

Les,

Hope your wrist is all good, now. Looks to me all your hard work with the right hand is paying off. :)
Not familiar with the mods, so apologies for my uneducated thoughts, just wanted to say:

Really like how on the DTL view, I can see how close your right arm is to your body! Plus the sound of your swing. It has that whoosh coming into impact, impact sound, then hit the turf (or mat) that I often here when watching old golf footage, like Shell's Wonderful World Golf for example.

Awesome work.
eth14dev

Postby eth14dev » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:24 am

Oh Steve. P.S.

Also, was wondering a small, quick thing: is that Japanese at the top of your post? What does it say out of curiosity?

Sorry, if I got the language wrong due to my ignorance, just caught my eye is all and was like :?:
eth14dev

Postby robbo » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:36 pm

Les - m o n e y.

Love the PIA and the way you stick your finish. Reminds me of a gymnast coming off the pommel horse/parallel bars/vault.

Keep up the good work. Trying to model my mod 2 and 3 work off your move.
robbo

Previous

Return to In Search of the Great Ball Strikers