Swing Postings

Hosted by Grady (NFBANDON)

Re: Swing Postings

Postby LesMurray » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:53 am

Here are Grady's videos:

Grady, need to not post from your editing session but rather from your YouTube home page. It's the edit? parameter that is messing up your posts.
LesMurray

Postby LesMurray » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:11 pm

Just had an afternoon session with Lag out at Morongo Golf Course in Beaumont, CA (near Palm Springs). Several of us SoCal ABSers met up with John and he helped us work through some issues, talked about his revelations about the Hogan swing (see 2 new videos in the What's New thread), and gave advice for chipping and putting. First time for me to spend some time with John since starting the course - great guy and really appreciate him taking a little time to meet with us.

Personally, he helped me with my transition and weight shift. I was hanging back a little too much and that was causing inconsistencies through the strike. I added a little Gary Player step-through motion to my follow-through to get my weight fully onto my left side. Big improvement. Especially combined with the corkscrew backswing motion and falling into my left side motion at transition.

John M (BallTurf) got some video and hopefully he can get it posted to the Student section in Mod 7 and some chipping video. Spoiler alert - John talked with us about a grip change he is working on that improves slotting!
LesMurray

Postby ballturf » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:09 pm

Here's My latest driver swing 3-31-2018

/qoute]
The only way to permanently learn a motor skill is thru REPETITION !
ballturf

Postby Range Rat » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:44 pm

8-)
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Postby k2baloo » Tue May 01, 2018 1:13 pm

Spring has finally arrived. Played my first round of the year over the weekend. Played poorly, but enjoyed being out there again.

https://youtu.be/T3hnlVtN4FY
k2baloo

Postby LesMurray » Wed May 02, 2018 7:18 pm

Looking good Kyle. Did you get that driver from me?

LesMurray

Postby k2baloo » Wed May 02, 2018 8:44 pm

LesMurray wrote:Looking good Kyle. Did you get that driver from me?

The driver is from the large lot of clubs I came into a couple years back. Added some weight to it in the winter.
k2baloo

Postby Range Rat » Thu May 03, 2018 4:49 am

k2,

your set up looks quite a bit different than your other channel videos, especially arms, like you're reaching for the ball like going full Moe. Something new you're trying on its own, or does the extra weight affecting your approach, thinking? Good stuff in any regard, just curious. :)
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Postby k2baloo » Thu May 03, 2018 6:42 am

Range Rat wrote:k2,

your set up looks quite a bit different than your other channel videos, especially arms, like you're reaching for the ball like going full Moe. Something new you're trying on its own, or does the extra weight affecting your approach, thinking? Good stuff in any regard, just curious. :)

Yep! I was playing around with a Moe-inspired setup.
k2baloo

Postby Ded2Journey » Sun May 06, 2018 5:44 am

Looking great K2! Love the blonde you're courting now...sounds quite soft too. Keep vaporizing that ball...
"People have always been telling me what I can't do. I guess I have wanted to show them. That's been one of my driving forces all my life." -Ben Hogan
Ded2Journey

PreviousNext

Return to In Search of the Great Ball Strikers