Swing Postings

Hosted by Grady (NFBANDON)

Re: Swing Postings

Postby nfbandon » Wed May 23, 2018 6:34 am

Les can you post a face on swing. As I have mentioned in the past, while possible, it is difficult to hit a driver without setting the shaft at the top. I want to see face on to see better, but I don't see much set here.
nfbandon

Postby LesMurray » Wed May 23, 2018 11:20 am

I'll see if I can get to the range tonight. The stalls I usually use for FO filming were blocked off.
LesMurray

Postby Range Rat » Wed May 23, 2018 11:33 am

LesMurray wrote:I'll see if I can get to the range tonight. The stalls I usually use for FO filming were blocked off.

I'm sure you mean tees, not stalls, sounds funny :lol:
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Postby Ded2Journey » Wed May 23, 2018 2:04 pm

Very nice! I like to transition work...keep working those hand attitudes, it becomes automatic.

One small piece of advice on my end, work on making the slowest swings you possibly can muster--while maintaining your pressures. I think that will give you a little more feel (and time) for the transition to take place. Additionally, it should allow you to "get in your own way" while loading your pivot. My humble $.02...

Looking forward to the face on swing...
"People have always been telling me what I can't do. I guess I have wanted to show them. That's been one of my driving forces all my life." -Ben Hogan
Ded2Journey

Postby LesMurray » Wed May 23, 2018 10:01 pm

I got to get some more filming in tonight so I got some face-on shots. I'm working hard to 1) get more shoulder turn and 2) improve my Mod 1 to Mod 3 connection. That seems to keep the club from flying out post-impact. It takes a lot of torso rotation and hip drive to make that happen and not just slide forward.

Here is the driver:

and another of a 6 Iron:

LesMurray

Postby k2baloo » Thu May 24, 2018 6:11 am

Looks awesome, Les! Keep up the good work.

My only complaint is you don't have those amazing clubs in a nice, vintage bag ;)
k2baloo

Postby nfbandon » Thu May 24, 2018 7:12 am

Les, your work has really paid off with a very solid move through impact. At this point, what I see is a lack of art to the move. The way you waggle and move is very fast, and without a pleasing tempo or flow. Your tempo is 1...2, instead of 1 and 2. Your waggle is ... I am going to kill you ball...instead of I am going to make love to you ball. I know I am going to get some laughs for that one. :)

How are you hitting little pitch shots? If you can get good at that and learn how to really feel the clubhead, you will start setting the club in transition and you will have a more fluid motion. With that you should be able to get to low single digits.
nfbandon

Postby LesMurray » Thu May 24, 2018 8:07 am

k2baloo wrote:My only complaint is you don't have those amazing clubs in a nice, vintage bag ;)

Can you help a brother out? :D
LesMurray

Postby nfbandon » Thu May 24, 2018 8:55 am

Come on playing vintage gear is a blast, but the new bags are much, much better. I have one of those leather Sunday bags that are quite expensive (I got it used), but I never use it. The new bags are much lighter and the straps are much better for a 58 year old still carrying his sticks.
nfbandon

Postby k2baloo » Thu May 24, 2018 8:57 am

LesMurray wrote:
k2baloo wrote:My only complaint is you don't have those amazing clubs in a nice, vintage bag ;)

Can you help a brother out? :D

I have a mint Wilson bag I'm trying to sell on eBay. I bought it NOS, but only used it a few times.

PM me if you're interested and I'll shoot you the link. I'm asking $49+shipping on eBay but would happily cut that price down for you. I also have a big, vintage staff bag I use as a club holder. It's massive so if you're a walker it only works if you put it on a push cart or have a caddie.

Other than that, keep your eyes open and they pop up. I found my gamer at a Goodwill in great condition for $13, a fraction of what I paid for the Wilson bag.

Really like the swing, you do a lot of impressive things there.

Kyle
k2baloo

PreviousNext

Return to In Search of the Great Ball Strikers