Swing Postings

Hosted by Grady (NFBANDON)

Re: Swing Postings

Postby Wknhacker » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:34 am

That's a solid looking action there Les. Just out of curiosity, what's your average score like this summer? Can't imagine you're a mid-high handicapper with that swing.
"I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone's golf game: it's called an eraser." - Arnold Palmer
Wknhacker

Postby ballturf » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:22 pm

Nice Swing Les! but who is that gem behind you? I pay attention to detail!! LOL :)
The only way to permanently learn a motor skill is thru REPETITION !
ballturf

Postby LesMurray » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:52 pm

Ballturf, I see her out there once in a while, with her BF! She obviously needs coaching :lol:

So, here we are a month later. I filmed a half dozen swings and this was the best one of the bunch. My takeaway? A heck of a lot more left side torso crunch. I'm finding that so crucial to get the hands working left with the club head climbing the wall (Mod 4 anyone?). What did I do over the last month to get this half-inch improvement? Probably 500 or so Mod 8 drills, along with Mod 1 and Mod 6 bag work.

Interesting feeling I am developing. In transition as I move into P3 I want to feel the back of my left hand pointing at the target. The next feeling is the Mo Norman "Master Move". Enjoy!

LesMurray

Postby ballturf » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:35 pm

Hello Les,

You mention in your post that you want to master this. (The next feeling is the Mo Norman "Master Move) What move is that and what module does that correspond with? Your motion looks to be getting tighter. Nice work! :D

BallTurf ;)
ballturf

Postby LesMurray » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:23 am

ballturf wrote:Hello Les,

You mention in your post that you want to master this. (The next feeling is the Mo Norman "Master Move) What move is that and what module does that correspond with? Your motion looks to be getting tighter. Nice work! :D

BallTurf ;)

The feeling I want as work into transition is the back of the left hand facing the target. This is covered in Mod 6 and Mod 7 - getting the club to the table top with maximum forearm rotation.

Here is a video of Mo describing his "Master Move" - the vertical drop and horizontal tug. He covers this in the first minute of the video. I'm not worried about the horizontal tug so much as I think we really want to feel the "Orbit Pull" a la Mod 4 where Mo wants to feel his horizontal tug.

LesMurray

Postby stevez » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:35 am

ballturf wrote:Hello Les,

BallTurf ;)

Real real SLOW repetition is the best.
stevez

Postby ballturf » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:34 pm

Here's a nice image to visualize of Ben throwing the ball! His left arm higher than the right arm :) Great image to put in your Coconut 8-) 8-)

Hogan throwing the Ball.jpg
Hogan throwing the Ball.jpg (9.56 KiB) Viewed 547 times

BallTurf :D
ballturf

Postby nfbandon » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:02 pm

We can debate the effectiveness of the mods, but there is nothing better for your game than hitting one arm golf shots.

https://youtu.be/e0rZxuBu1Fg
nfbandon

Postby Range Rat » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:15 pm

nfbandon wrote:We can debate the effectiveness of the mods, but there is nothing better for your game than hitting one arm golf shots.

https://youtu.be/e0rZxuBu1Fg

Saw the video entry over on Jerks@WRX, good video-drill. Got nice chuckle too from one of the many knuckleheads over there that claimed a one armed drill is reserved for the senior set and not the young and strong, geesh... :lol:
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Postby LesMurray » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:41 pm

I like this golf channel on YouTube. No instruction and they play some of the best courses in the area (Pebble Beach, Tory Pines, Pasatiempo, etc.). I'm posting this one because of the swing of the young Asian woman, Isabelle. Looks very ABS through the ball. And you can see how open she has the club at the top.

LesMurray

PreviousNext

Return to In Search of the Great Ball Strikers