Swing Postings

Hosted by Grady (NFBANDON)

Re: Swing Postings

Postby nfbandon » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:56 pm

I am cleaning out some of my classic gear:

1. Hogan driver and 3 wood with apex pro 5 shafts;
2. Hogan 3 and 4 wood with apex 5 shafts and nueman leather grips;
3. Frank Johnston sand wedge I bought from Lag;
4. MC Macgregor iron set bent to ABS spec with propel 1 shafts. This is a great muscleback design. I have two;
5. Mizuno Pro driver with weight added by Mike and a very stiff shaft.

If you are interested in anything PM me and I will send pics. I will require any buyer to pay for packaging and shipping. If I don't hear from you by Sunday evening I will list on ebay.
nfbandon

Postby LesMurray » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:29 pm

After a couple of months work I have managed to improve an inch! Better = staying more on the right side into the strike and finding the table top better. Needs Improvement = deeper slot and more shoulder turn so I don't come over the top as much or throw the hands at the ball.

Here's a chip shot that I seem to hit pretty well.

LesMurray

Postby LesMurray » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:56 pm

I think all this hard work is starting to pay off. Had a nice round Saturday in our monthly club tournament. We played a four-man, two best ball tournament in which my team won. I shot my handicap (16 over) with four 7s. The one shot that will bring me back is my second shot on 18 (our 4th hole of the day). Fair drive to the right side of the fairway leaving my with a 180 yard second shot to the green from a plateau overlooking the green. Grabbed my 4 iron and put it in the center of the green with about a 20 footer for my birdie (which I made). The shot just took off on a rope and was one of my best iron shots of the day.

I had a similar shot on our final hole of the day - a 198 yard downhill par 3. I took the 3 iron and again middle of the green about 10 feet out for the birdie (I missed that one).

I had a string of 8 holes in a row where I shot par ( and the 1 birdie ) which included a chip-in for par on hole #2. In those 8 holes I hit 7 of 7 fairways and 4 of 8 greens. I had 4 holes go off the rails, 3 of those I didn't drive the ball well and the fourth one I took 4 shots to get down from 90 yards out.

Gives me great motivation to keep up my hard work.
LesMurray

Postby LesMurray » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:17 pm

Been a while since I posted a swing. I like how I am progressing

LesMurray

Postby Ded2Journey » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:09 am

P3 to P4 looks solid Les
"People have always been telling me what I can't do. I guess I have wanted to show them. That's been one of my driving forces all my life." -Ben Hogan
Ded2Journey

Postby LesMurray » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:51 am

Ded2Journey wrote:P3 to P4 looks solid Les

Thanks D2J. Scores are starting to drop. Right now I still suffer a good 9 bad 9 experience. Last few rounds I have put together sub 40 front nines and 5-10 strokes worse on the back.

Friday was playing with a friend and put together a 39 on the front with 2 birdies, then went 10 over on the back. Still, 84 isn't bad.

I'm noticing that my scoring well has more to do with how well I am concentrating on specific targets and pre-shot routines and less to do with how well I swing. My best scores are occurring when I barely notice my swing mechanics and focus solely on where and how I want the ball to go. In other words, the more externally focused I can be it seems the better my shots come off.
LesMurray

Postby lagpressure » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:18 pm

My best scores are occurring when I barely notice my swing mechanics and focus solely on where and how I want the ball to go.

This is the best way to play golf.
Work on mechanics without being ball bound.
Hit balls on the range to test and view ballflight.

On the course, see what you want to do in your minds eye.. focus on the motion that will produce that ball flight..
then just commit to that motion fairly quickly.. and with total commitment. Live with the results.
Rinse and repeat.
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby Ded2Journey » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:52 am

lagpressure wrote:On the course...with total commitment...Live with the results.
"People have always been telling me what I can't do. I guess I have wanted to show them. That's been one of my driving forces all my life." -Ben Hogan
Ded2Journey

Postby k2baloo » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:00 am

Les - hip high to hip high the action looks great. You slot the club well and come in very shallow.

If I'm being picky, the large move off the ball where your head and torso raise noticeably is worrisome. I do the same thing to a lesser extent, and I'm not sure it's ideal. Glad to hear you're progressing nicely.
k2baloo

Postby LesMurray » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:08 am

k2baloo wrote:... the large move off the ball where your head and torso raise noticeably is worrisome. I do the same thing to a lesser extent, and I'm not sure it's ideal.

What I am finding right now is that my move in the backswing is necessary for me to feel the club slotting. I'm going to get some deck time with Lag in a couple weeks and I will discuss this with him.
LesMurray

PreviousNext

Return to In Search of the Great Ball Strikers