Swing Postings

Hosted by Grady (NFBANDON)

Re: Swing Postings

Postby Ded2Journey » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:12 am

Made some changes...

"People have always been telling me what I can't do. I guess I have wanted to show them. That's been one of my driving forces all my life." -Ben Hogan
Ded2Journey

Postby LesMurray » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:59 am

D2J - I really like how deep you get in the backswing.
LesMurray

Postby Wknhacker » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:54 am

Ded - I really like your impact to finish. Looks solid. Is that the prototype driver you and Stu are working on?

Les - It sounds like you're getting some real zip on the ball.

At the moment I'm working on the 4:30 line entry/saving torso rotation. It's amazing how much more compression I can put into the ball when delivering the club from the 4:30 line and also by saving the torso rotation which then enables the late hit. It's not easy stuff but boy does it bring great results when I'm able to pull it off.
"I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone's golf game: it's called an eraser." - Arnold Palmer
Wknhacker

Postby Ded2Journey » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:31 am

Wknhacker wrote:Ded - I really like your impact to finish. Looks solid. Is that the prototype driver you and Stu are working on?

At the moment I'm working on the 4:30 line entry/saving torso rotation. It's amazing how much more compression I can put into the ball when delivering the club from the 4:30 line and also by saving the torso rotation which then enables the late hit. It's not easy stuff but boy does it bring great results when I'm able to pull it off.

LesMurray wrote:D2J - I really like how deep you get in the backswing.

Les,
SHANKS!
Magical new trick I learned in power golf...what a great read. Every time I read it, new light bulbs illuminate.

Wknhack,

Thanks...lot of drill 2/3 work.
Yes, key word...prototype. Managed to remove all the lead tape, seems to be moving the ball a bit further. Should be posting a course vlog or two soon.

Couldn't agree more on the 430 line...
"People have always been telling me what I can't do. I guess I have wanted to show them. That's been one of my driving forces all my life." -Ben Hogan
Ded2Journey

Postby k2baloo » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:03 am

Ded,

Like what you're able to do from hip high to hip high, no clubface roll at or post impact. Not easy to do.

You're going with spikeless shoes?
k2baloo

Postby Ded2Journey » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:18 pm

k2baloo wrote:Ded,

Like what you're able to do from hip high to hip high, no clubface roll at or post impact. Not easy to do.

You're going with spikeless shoes?

K2,

Lots of work of the years I guess? Seems so natural and right now...lol. I actually have been researching golf shoes in my free time and finally settled on the hyperflex 2. Wouldn't you know they discontinued them...lol. Anyway, UA has some great offerings now too--but the hyperflex was designed around the anatomy of the foot and I found them to really love pressure. Just had to wait for them to go on clearance, they arrive tomorrow!

Yeah, the spikeless shoes is why the finish looks so wierd at times--feels very Peter Senior, T-Rex arms. :mrgreen:

I'm also upgrading all of my shafts, assuming I find a way to pay for them. :lol: Anyone getting rid of C-Taper lite X flex tapered tip iron shafts? 3-PW... :D

Golf is expensive...

Anywho, once equipment is a go I'll be back on the road competing again. Rebuilding a golf swing is far more difficult than I ever imagined...it's been a long 6 years since I felt like I could compete. As always, I'll let you guys know how things go...
Ded2Journey

Postby LesMurray » Wed May 08, 2019 8:21 am

D2J,

Had a session with John yesterday. Quite eye opening on what he is working on in regards to the Hogan swing. Got a couple drills to help me get that deep backswing position.

Now to go drill.
LesMurray

Postby k2baloo » Wed May 08, 2019 9:16 am

I've been scoring poorly, but feel I'm close to getting it lower. Need to clean up sloppy mistakes.

k2baloo

Postby Ded2Journey » Thu May 09, 2019 4:23 am

k2baloo wrote:I've been scoring poorly, but feel I'm close to getting it lower. Need to clean up sloppy mistakes.

What a classic golf swing! Looking great killer...
Ded2Journey

Postby k2baloo » Thu May 09, 2019 10:10 am

Thanks D2J
Always a work in progress, but that's what makes it fun
k2baloo

PreviousNext

Return to In Search of the Great Ball Strikers