Swing Postings

Hosted by Grady (NFBANDON)

Re: Swing Postings

Postby stevemcgee99 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:01 pm

eth14dev wrote:Oh Steve. P.S.

Also, was wondering a small, quick thing: is that Japanese at the top of your post? What does it say out of curiosity?

Sorry, if I got the language wrong due to my ignorance, just caught my eye is all and was like :?:

I wrote 'long time no see'.

Thanks for the comments about my legs. Yes I'm trying to have my feet connect to the ground in a certain way, which I don't fully understand yet. There's been some times where it seems like they're both grabbing (pushing down) and squeezing (pulling together) and the ball goes much further and straighter.
McGee
stevemcgee99

Postby eth14dev » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:33 pm

Hey Steve,

Thanks for translation. I take it was due to the elbow. Well glad to here you are back into golf!

Interesting thoughts with the leg work.
Looking pretty good already, at least to my eyes, so I am sure as you continue to practice you will figure through those areas that you feel are unclear and really nail down that action you want. Correct me if I am wrong, so based on your description, you want the power of the pivot to cause the hips to rotate and this automatically causes the back foot (during the follow through or maybe in post impact) to snap back diagonally a little behind the front leg (when viewed DTL) and then drag forward a little. Not that it is a forced motion or something that is practiced, but rather the natural result of the proper forces being applied, during proper lower body action in a mechanically sound swing?

If so, working on something similar myself, as it is something that intrigued me about Mr. Byron Nelson's swing. Such a move is not exclusive to Mr. Nelson, but is very pronounced in his swing especially, in my opinion.

Great to see your progress and here your thoughts!
Thanks for sharing
eth14dev

Postby stevemcgee99 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:54 pm

You'll probably enjoy this:
McGee
stevemcgee99

Postby stevemcgee99 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:07 pm

New Year's Eve (morning warm up just before my best score in 2 years)

PRACTICE SWINGS

DRIVER - ball was very low, pull but had fade spin. Rolled a lot out to the right.

Wedge to a close pin.

That morning I hit much better shots than I have since I started playing again. In the last week I re-watched Mod1 and Mod2 videos, watched Sunguide and other Lag videos from his deck, Grady videos, and did drills type swings at random without a club.

Just trying to get my feet involved, and to rotate my torso like I see in the videos.
McGee
stevemcgee99

Postby LesMurray » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:26 am

stevemcgee99 wrote:New Year's Eve (morning warm up just before my best score in 2 years)

That morning I hit much better shots than I have since I started playing again. In the last week I re-watched Mod1 and Mod2 videos, watched Sunguide and other Lag videos from his deck, Grady videos, and did drills type swings at random without a club.

Just trying to get my feet involved, and to rotate my torso like I see in the videos.

Inside approach - 4:30 line. That is the biggest difference between your practice swing and the others. Practice swing you are coming from Mod 1 4:30 line into impact and then your body takes over. In the "real" swings your are all hands and arms OTT. That is what happened on your driver swing, you came OTT, hit the ball off the heel with an outside in motion.

There are several drills I could recommend here to help you get the feel for the sequence of the hit - 1) slow motion drill - go slow motion into impact, then full speed after impact 2) throw clubs - literally go out to a field some where and practice throwing clubs two handed to specific targets. There is a Jackie Burke video or two about that out on YouTube. 3) Toss balls underhanded from a golfing stance 4) hitting balls right-handed only - Bradley Hughes has a video on this one.

LesMurray

Postby lagpressure » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:39 pm

stevemcgee99 wrote:You'll probably enjoy this:

Bradley made a really wonderful video here. So compelling and undeniable.
We must pressure the ground into the right foot, and we can see how the resistance
and direction of lower body pressure work to facilitate both the rotation and weight transfer
we need to master the proper form of striking a golf ball.
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby eth14dev » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:30 am

Hey Steve,

Hope all the 2017 ending and 2018 beginning has gone well for you. I really did enjoy the video you posted. Thank you for the study resource. Looking good with the swing. Hoping the best and am sure you will reach your goals in no time! :D
eth14dev

Postby LesMurray » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:00 pm

Really interesting range session tonight (no more rain - yay!!)

I have been working on some Mod 3 and Mod 2 feelings in my swing lately. Also, I like to feel a throwing motion in my swing - helps with my sequencing. Tonight, for some unexplained reason, I felt the need to really pressure into the right heel and bring the club back inside along the 4:30 line. I was working on the thought of really hurling the handle of my club down range. In order to do this I really needed to get into my right side and load into it. As soon as I started to do this, I felt the need to cock my head to the right ( a la Nicklaus) in order to see the inside of the ball better and bring the club back along the 4:30 line. Then I just loaded deep into my right leg with knee bend and it almost felt like I was leaping to my left side. I also got the signature Mod 2 foot slide.

Not sure what it looked like, but I felt a little like Lee Trevino and Raymond Floyd bringing the club so far inside.
LesMurray

Postby LesMurray » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:32 pm

I just wanted to give a quick follow-up on these new feelings and intentions. I took it to the course today for a quick 9 holes and shot my best 9 in 25 years - 39. That includes going 4 over down the stretch. I really had fun because for once it felt like the ball would go almost where I wanted it to with much more consistency. I'm lovin' it!
LesMurray

Postby k2baloo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:34 pm

LesMurray wrote:I just wanted to give a quick follow-up on these new feelings and intentions. I took it to the course today for a quick 9 holes and shot my best 9 in 25 years - 39. That includes going 4 over down the stretch. I really had fun because for once it felt like the ball would go almost where I wanted it to with much more consistency. I'm lovin' it!

Congrats Les! I'm jealous of all you playing this time of year.

Keep up the good work!
k2baloo

PreviousNext

Return to In Search of the Great Ball Strikers