Shell gifs

Hosted by Grady (NFBANDON)

Re: Shell gifs

Postby norcalvol » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:36 am

And that is what I was getting at earlier... the top gif looks like a draw to me.
Accelerate forever!
norcalvol

Postby Stu Carlburger » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:42 am

Then interviews and swings are mixed up then. Again, look at the right shoulder in the top shot versus the bottom. In the top swing the right shoulder remains visible and low, while in the bottom it disappears and works higher -- at least from my understanding of what Bradley showed me in his shot shaping drill -- these are telltale signs of a fade (top) and a draw (bottom).

Also, as Ded pointed out, the divots fly in different directions which -- along with the club angle past impact -- indicates the same.
Stu Carlburger

Postby nfbandon » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:16 pm

You guys are overthinking this. The first swing is a little wedge so he didn't have enough distance to hit a fade or a draw. The second is probably a gentle draw, but there is a much better example of a hard draw earlier in the round.

Watch the first swing from this compilation. The pin is on the left and his right shoulder comes through really high.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rfs1EGVYKs
nfbandon

Postby k2baloo » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:21 pm

Stu Carlburger wrote:Then interviews and swings are mixed up then. Again, look at the right shoulder in the top shot versus the bottom. In the top swing the right shoulder remains visible and low, while in the bottom it disappears and works higher -- at least from my understanding of what Bradley showed me in his shot shaping drill -- these are telltale signs of a fade (top) and a draw (bottom).

Also, as Ded pointed out, the divots fly in different directions which -- along with the club angle past impact -- indicates the same.

Nothing is mixed up. Hogan himself said he drew that shot a little. If you actually watch the shell match there is zero ambiguity on it.

The divots mean close to nothing. You can't generalize a formula for how the ball flies based on how a divot flies. Not to mention the second divot was in two separate pieces that went in different directions....

Same with club angle - it doesn't perfectly correlate with shot shape. Not saying the intentions won't help you shape shots, but it's obviously no guarantee.

Keep in mind the first shot is a partial wedge off a down slope and second shot is something like a 4 iron.
k2baloo

Postby Mashie72 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:41 pm

Did they leave out the part when the Pro shouts, "Fore right" and then signs a golf glove or buys some chocolates & flowers?
"The secret is on the deck"
Mashie72

Postby LesMurray » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:26 pm

Here's a better example of fade vs draw swings. Both of these are with wedges.

NRG wrote:Pinched this from The Vault

LesMurray

Postby Stu Carlburger » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:42 pm

k2baloo wrote:Nothing is mixed up. Hogan himself said he drew that shot a little. If you actually watch the shell match there is zero ambiguity on it.

The divots mean close to nothing. You can't generalize a formula for how the ball flies based on how a divot flies. Not to mention the second divot was in two separate pieces that went in different directions....

Same with club angle - it doesn't perfectly correlate with shot shape. Not saying the intentions won't help you shape shots, but it's obviously no guarantee.

Keep in mind the first shot is a partial wedge off a down slope and second shot is something like a 4 iron.

Meh! I don't think you have a clue what you're talking about!
Stu Carlburger

Postby Stu Carlburger » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:52 pm

But that never seems to be an impediment to you!
Stu Carlburger

Postby k2baloo » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:03 pm

Ha, I often don't! But when Hogan says he drew it, I'm gonna believe him. When he comes back from the grave, you can tell him he's a liar because his divot didn't fly the right way! Doesn't make any difference to me if you want to think it was a fade...

If you think I don't know what I am talking about, feel free to call me out on specific points so I can present my reasoning. Maybe we will find I'm right, maybe I'm wrong. A statement like "I don't think you know what you are talking about" isn't terribly constructive or sociable.
k2baloo

Postby Stu Carlburger » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:08 pm

It obviously does make a difference to you as you're here debating the issue.
Stu Carlburger

PreviousNext

Return to In Search of the Great Ball Strikers