What's New on ABS!

Re: What's New on ABS!

Postby lagpressure » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:58 am

Two new videos showing transition option #2 for lower body and second video showing ground pressures pitted against transition (opposing forces)



User avatar
lagpressure
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8063
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:50 pm

Re: What's New on ABS!

Postby LesMurray » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:10 am

Does this mean there are going to be optional modules available to train this type of transition? Mods 6 and 7 are all about getting the club onto the tabletop using knee flex. This looks like instead of knee flex we would use the fall into the left leg.
User avatar
LesMurray
 
Posts: 1226
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:32 pm
Location: Burbank, CA

Re: What's New on ABS!

Postby lagpressure » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:23 am

LesMurray wrote:Does this mean there are going to be optional modules available to train this type of transition? Mods 6 and 7 are all about getting the club onto the tabletop using knee flex. This looks like instead of knee flex we would use the fall into the left leg.


I do have another Mod 7 video ready for editing that will cover this also. Both work and have their advantages.
It's a critical move and both methods need attention.
User avatar
lagpressure
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8063
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:50 pm

Re: What's New on ABS!

Postby lagpressure » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:00 pm

Here is the first of a six part series on persimmon wood restoration by our own master craftsman Mike Rees.
So much to learn about repair etc, but also a lot of interesting history on the clubs and a chance to get a real appreciation for what Mike does for us all
here at ABS.

A big thank you to Mike for allowing us all to take such a detailed and inside look at the process.

I did a quick search on youtube for such a video and there is nothing like this on there. This is by far the most comprehensive and detailed account of what goes into a
proper club restoration.

User avatar
lagpressure
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8063
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:50 pm

Re: What's New on ABS!

Postby stevez » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:27 am

lagpressure wrote:Here is the first of a six part series on persimmon wood restoration by our own master craftsman Mike Rees.
So much to learn about repair etc, but also a lot of interesting history on the clubs and a chance to get a real appreciation for what Mike does for us all
here at ABS.

A big thank you to Mike for allowing us all to take such a detailed and inside look at the process.

I did a quick search on youtube for such a video and there is nothing like this on there. This is by far the most comprehensive and detailed account of what goes into a
proper club restoration.


Fantastic, great motivation to restore/refinish a W693 TArmour 4 wood, MacGregor Penna driver and FW wood I have gathering dust.
stevez
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:36 am

Re: What's New on ABS!

Postby lagpressure » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:27 pm

Fantastic final round on Sunday at the 1975 Masters.
All persimmon, all blades, all balata. Augusta plays properly as intended.
Watch Trevino, Palmer, Nicklaus hitting incredible golf shots.

http://www.advancedballstriking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=221&t=4674
User avatar
lagpressure
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8063
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:50 pm

Re: What's New on ABS!

Postby LesMurray » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:26 pm

I have posted some Video taken when John was visiting the LA area yesterday (3/27/18) and did an impromptu clinic. I personally want to thank John for meeting with us and working with us for the afternoon. He took several hours out of his day as he was driving from LA to Arizona.

Two videos where John demonstrates chipping from deep rough are posted in the Chipping section

A video on a different grip in the Mod 7 Backswing Diagram section. This grip discussion goes along with the transition option videos earlier.

A video on how John came up with the idea of holding shaft flex

User avatar
LesMurray
 
Posts: 1226
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:32 pm
Location: Burbank, CA

Re: What's New on ABS!

Postby stevemcgee99 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:24 pm

That's awesome! I really appreciate you put the shaft-flex thing out for the public.

And, for putting together stuff for the module sections, too. I look forward to reaching them!
McGee
User avatar
stevemcgee99
 
Posts: 512
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:27 am

Re: What's New on ABS!

Postby LesMurray » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:40 pm

stevemcgee99 wrote:That's awesome! I really appreciate you put the shaft-flex thing out for the public.

And, for putting together stuff for the module sections, too. I look forward to reaching them!


The credit goes to Ballturf for recording this. I'm the technical enabler lol
User avatar
LesMurray
 
Posts: 1226
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:32 pm
Location: Burbank, CA

Re: What's New on ABS!

Postby lagpressure » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:27 pm

New Augusta Chairman Fred Ridley, who actually won the US Am in 75 is speaking strongly about the game for the first time.
Used some pretty strong words about the state of the game.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4680
User avatar
lagpressure
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8063
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:50 pm

PreviousNext

Return to What's New on ABS!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest