deuce grind after module 1.

deuce grind after module 1.

Postby VeeDub » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:08 pm

Hello fellow ABSers, I had went all-in and purchased a set of 1969 Wilson Staff irons and early 70's era Top-Flite persimmons when I signed up 3 months ago. I was given the ok on mod 2 last week and wanted to show the state of the deuce and the garage floor practice area after approximately 12k reps.

vw grinding.jpg
vw grinding.jpg (282.59 KiB) Viewed 2971 times

vw garage floor.jpg
vw garage floor.jpg (266.46 KiB) Viewed 2975 times

I few friends are pissed that I'm screwing up a club that Johnny Miller could have played. RIGHT. I'm just trying to find a stable low point..... And hardly succeeding.

Peace, VW
VeeDub

Re: deuce grind after module 1.

Postby Craig Toone » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:06 am

I think Mr Miller would approve...

If I had a Ferrari 250 GTO, it certainly wouldn't be sat around to be admired, it would be driven
Craig Toone

Postby VeeDub » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:54 pm

Craig Toone wrote:I think Mr Miller would approve...

If I had a Ferrari 250 GTO, it certainly wouldn't be sat around to be admired, it would be driven

Thank you very much for the encouragement! I appreciate it!
VeeDub

Postby ABSinThailand » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:50 am

My sympathy. I also pound out the reps on a concrete floor most of the time. You may have sorted this out by now but if not then you could try sticking a bit if carpet/mat on the concrete floor. It will get chopped up and need replacing regularly, but it offers a little protection between club and concrete when you do get too low and chop the floor. Mine is also a striped mat so I can lay it out with the stipes along the 4:30 line. :D
ABSinThailand

Postby mdrretired » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:13 pm

After that many reps on a hard floor you may need to check the loft and lie before play. Just a thought. Mike
mdrretired

Postby xsmith » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:26 pm

A little late, but couldn't you do that on a sheet of plywood and not wear the club down so much?
xsmith

Postby macs » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:25 pm

I am one of the earliest ABSers. Having gone though too many carpet mats (and ripping a few of her favorite ones; it becomes an addiction right?), last fall I found some kind of plastic flooring material from a carpet store its about half inch thick. They ordered a nice 4 by 3 piece for me. It has stood the test of time for almost a year with no breakage or loosing shape despite sitting in our garage in up to minus 40 in the winter. Plus there is no more powder mess. I am shy to ask the carpet store about what it is called, cos I never intended to install it in all of my garage. :D
Gee i even thought of steeling a mud flap from a 12 wheeler. :oops:
macs

Postby macs » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:27 pm

Also buy a 2/3 iron from any goodwill store for practice, so you wont worry about the one from your set.
macs

Return to Equipment