Wanted - Single ABS Iron

Wanted - Single ABS Iron

Postby gb4au » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:46 am

I'm looking for a single ABS spec iron for use in the drills and to practice with. I'm a bit short of golf equipment budget right now so I'm not ready for a full ABS set just yet.

It can be newer equipment or vintage. Here's a summary of what I would like:

- A 2, 3, or 4 iron.
- Something that has been bent 4-6 degrees flat
- Shortened 1/2 inch (I'm only 5' 6")
- Weighted per ABS standards

I have looked around on ebay and there are plenty of options, but all of them would have to be bent and weighted. So I thought I would post here to see if anyone has something already set up or at least close they are willing to part with.

Thanks.
gb4au

Re: Wanted - Single ABS Iron

Postby Mashie72 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:36 am

Obviously, you live in the US? Maybe you're near a fellow ABS'er
"The secret is on the deck"
Mashie72

Postby gb4au » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:48 pm

I live in Northern MI. In general not too many people at all where I live, but of course you never know. Anyone that is anywhere in N. MI is probably close enough.

However, I will also pay shipping as long as it's reasonable. Ebay charges shipping and I've found a number of single clubs in the $15-$20 dollar range with $10-$12 shipping. Since it would cost me another $10-$15 to get the club modified, I am thinking an ABS club in the $30-$40 range would be reasonable.

Thanks.
gb4au

Postby mdrretired » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:11 pm

Send me your address and I will get a club for you. Send to reesmike@comcast.net please and remind me what it is about. Minimal charge, Shipping probably. Mike
mdrretired

Return to Equipment