Understanding Offset

Re: Understanding Offset

Postby xsmith » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:10 pm

I finally decided it was doing no good to try to flatten my swing using clubs that had offset. Would just be fooling myself into thinking that I had it. I am looking forward to starting your series sometime next year. I have a better understanding of what needs to happen, but still can't put it together when actually hitting a ball except for every now and then.
xsmith

Postby Bulldozer » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:16 am

Are there modern clubs that have no offset? Or is this just something that is found in the older golf clubs?
Bulldozer

Postby xsmith » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:46 am

Not sure, but it would probably be a special order from the factory. Don't think you're going to find any clubs w/o offset off the rack.
xsmith

Postby k2baloo » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:38 am

Bulldozer wrote:Are there modern clubs that have no offset? Or is this just something that is found in the older golf clubs?

There are a handful, but they aren't made by the major OEMs and they're usually very expensive. Scratch makes some non offset irons as do some other boutique companies. Scratch irons start with a base price of $1299.00.
With the major companies there will be at least a little offset, but you can find some of their blades with very little offset. Their are a couple of tour only heads that are zero offset as well that can be found on ebay.
k2baloo

Postby Range Rat » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:05 am

Waiting to see what the new Hogan issues will be. Wouldn't it be superb, and wise from their end, if the new Hogan's have the third rail going right up the center track with quality shafts. :)
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Postby k2baloo » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:21 am

Range Rat wrote:Waiting to see what the new Hogan issues will be. Wouldn't it be superb, and wise from their end, if the new Hogan's have the third rail going right up the center track with quality shafts. :)

I would love to see that, but very surprised. I would bet they will have a couple mm of offset on them
k2baloo

Postby stevemcgee99 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:35 am

It would be hard for Hogan to compete with used clubs to get market share of the small crowd that wants zero offset, flat, forged, heavy irons.

So, I'm guessing they'll put out blades that compete with Mizuno, etc.
McGee
stevemcgee99

Postby Bulldozer » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:28 pm

What are the best classic sets that came stock with no offset?
Bulldozer

Postby Range Rat » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:02 am

Hogan brand needs to come out in long neck, underslung, no pins, fine grain, flatter, clean lines, etc., even if the perceived market share is small.

Their new tag line........Hogan clubs, they're not for everyone!

People want what they can't get, or shouldn't have. Win, win. :lol:
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Postby jgradds » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:19 pm

Was wondering if the same reasoning pattern behind offset applies to putters. After 4 decades of putting with offset, I am now trying putters with no offset and I don't think I will go back. It just seems right to putt without offset. What say you?
jgradds

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment