How do your equipment specs vary from Lag's?

Re: How do your equipment specs vary from Lag's?

Postby jfischer13 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:29 am

Just thought i would throw my recent club specs out there.

I have 2 fulls sets of clubs that I play. One set of persimon and blades to lags specs exactly, the second a more modern set.

The modern set is a set of taylormade Rac TP MB smoke irons with a R11s driver and a relatively old king cobra 3w. I play this more modern set at .75 inches longer and 2 to 3 degrees flatter.

The shafts are driver: fiberglass Project x 7.0 tipped 1.5 inch, 3w: fiberglass project x 7.0 tipped 2 inches, The irons have Project x 6.5s hard stepped twice with project x 7.0 very stiff wedge shafts in the wedges. Ive taken the time to spine align and flex match these shafts so that they all flex the exact same amount in the exact same way.

The swing weights are from d6 in my driver to E5 in my 56 degree wedge. All progressive dead weighting with my wedges coming in close to 18ounces. Ive also counterweighted this set because the shafts are 5g lighter per shaft. I play my modern sets lofts at 2 degrees stronger which takes a bit of bounce off of the clubs. I like this as I generally play on harder surfaces and it really makes me control my low point.

Ive found that this modern set and my perisommon and blade set convert easily. For course > 7000 yard I grab my more modern bag, <7000 I grab my persimmon and blades. Ive had pretty good luck with this combination over the past year.

Prior to that I only played persimmon and blades but i found that when the courses were much over 7000 yards I was constantly asking for another 30 yards.

I have a spec sheet which I would be happy to post if anyone is interested,

Jfischer13
Joshua Fischer
Osteopathic Golf
Osteopathicgolf.com
Instagram @osteopathicgolf
jfischer13

Postby k2baloo » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:26 pm

Good info jfischer,
I used to have two iron sets but now play only my hogan pc5. They are only a club or so shorter than modern stuff so can handle any course. But I do agree that a modern driver can help on longer tracks, I just need to find one that I don't hook....
PX 6.5 are firm shafts but I may grab kbs c Tapers x stiff and give them a try. They are more stiff that 6.5s and DG x100s and just barely softer than 7.0s. They are low launch too and very consistent. Feel great too at 130 grams.
k2baloo

Postby jfischer13 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:43 pm

k2,

I might consider the C tapers on my next go. At this point, the 6.5s hard stepped twice are plenty stiff and are working great. At some point you realize its the indian and not the arrow. I think ill spend more money on modules next :D

As far as a modern driver, you may try calling Henry Griffith Golf company. They are a custom only shop but I know for a fact they have a few heads which are very very flat. I talked to the owner earlier in the year but just havent been able to scrounge up the cash to purchase a set of woods. They will even bend your fairway woods.

Jfischer13
Joshua Fischer
Osteopathic Golf
Osteopathicgolf.com
Instagram @osteopathicgolf
jfischer13

Postby k2baloo » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:17 pm

Jf,
I agree there's no need to change if you like those shafts. But I have been a TT guy and was very surprised by the c Tapers.
But thanks for the hg reference, I may look into that. I know they make a zero offset iron as well but I have never tried any of their stuff.
k2baloo

Postby bullrambler » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:57 am

Vintage M-85 2 - 9 irons with midsize grips are:
- 6 * Flat;
- Swing Weight is between E and E2;
- Duel Wedge is F 7.5 Wow eh...! I did add any weight.
- Titleist 983K 7.5 loft at 43.5 inches long, D-7, shaft is DG X300 tipped 1 in Or sometimes MacGregor M85M D8.
- MacGregor M85W 3 wood. Stiff Dynamic D-8.
- Putter Muzuno Bullseye type - lots of lead tape.
- Ball Pro V

Still need to ABS some woods. The MacGregor woods are at OEM lie. I don't like the idea of butchering them. I'll likely use something else to hone my ABS skills first.
"It clobbering Time"
bullrambler

Previous

Return to Equipment