Grips and Shafts

Re: Grips and Shafts

Postby HB51 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:26 am

K2 and Less...

thanks for the quick response. I guess that's 2 votes for XStiff.

I was leaning that way, but was a little unsure of how to get there. I can continue to "sacrifice" a set of mp30/S300 that I don't use by pulling/tipping/inserting/extending and putting into the mp33 :shock: ....but I'm no expert repair guy...so I might make a mess of things. The mp30 also have short extensions in them making things even more convoluted. I would have to pick up a couple shafts, as well as extensions and grips.

A place I know in Fla had some mp29's, S300, XStiff about 3 months ago. I was going to check into that again....see if they're still there....Unless there was a High Consensus of switching over to a Vintage set.

K2...I assume you play vintage...watched your video's....nice.

HB51
HB51

Re: Grips and Shafts

Postby k2baloo » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:29 am

I found two MacGregor Tourney laminates with nasty looking shafts that feel amazing. I think the stiffest shafts I've found in any vintage woods. No idea what they are yet. Must be really old clubs because they have the old style cord grips that look like nasty, old carpet. Grips feel surprisingly nice though. Heads are in great shape. Can't find the driver yet, but I'm thinking of gaming these or transplanting the shafts into a set of nicer heads later on.

Have some heft to them also. They're at 395 and 399 grams dead weight without anything added yet.
k2baloo

Previous

Return to Equipment