Snell Golf Balls

Snell Golf Balls

Postby Mashie72 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:55 pm

http://www.golfwrx.com/311522/review-sn ... tour-ball/

This is new to me. I was hitting some balls at the range yesterday and saw a guy who I played with some time ago. He's a good stick and say he's playing this Snell My Tour Ball. Without any prompting from me he says it feels like a balata and goes like the latest best ball you can find off the tee. I have never hit one so I don't know. But might give these a try to see.

But the real reason for my post is that maybe Snell could be a source of help/design/manufacture for the balls Lag was developing some time ago. Just a thought.

Perhaps some ABS'er has already given balls a test run???
"The secret is on the deck"
Mashie72

Re: Snell Golf Balls

Postby nfbandon » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:14 pm

I got some from rockbottomgolf on sale. I am giving them sometime before I make a final assessment, but initial impression is that they have a bit of a plastic feel, and don 't seem to react well to persimmon. They act better with a frying pan. Spin pretty well. I am also trying a ball by Hopkins Golf and I have tried the German ball Vice. None of these balls are as good as the prov, but for the money $10 a dozen on sale on rockbottomgolf the Hopkins is pretty good. I have only hit the Snell a couple of rounds, and I will report back if my impression of it improves.
nfbandon

Postby Mashie72 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:30 pm

I still haven't tried the Snell ball

Costco is now in the game @ $15 a doz...with good reviews vs the Pro V

Could be a decent leaf ball if they aren't up to par

https://www.mygolfspy.com/kirkland-vs-titleist-pro-v1/
"The secret is on the deck"
Mashie72

Postby Ded2Journey » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:52 pm

Go the joy of hitting a few in the club fitting place. Thought they felt soft but solid off the face, like a pro V1, but not the best off the putter face. I'd pay that price all day from my short experience. I always thought golf balls probably have a 75% mark up anyway. My practice ball is the WS DUO SPIN...I'm all about value.
"People have always been telling me what I can't do. I guess I have wanted to show them. That's been one of my driving forces all my life." -Ben Hogan
Ded2Journey

Postby nfbandon » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:09 pm

I recently tried the encore avant ball, and really like it. Very cheap.
nfbandon

Postby eagle » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:35 am

A family member gave me a dozen Snell's as a gift a year ago. On my first round, a L wedge holed the Snell from 55 yards for an eagle 3, so that unexpected but pleasant, and happy surprise left me with a very favorable impression of these balls, even though it was a fluke...or was it? It made for a good story and a laugh when I told the gift giver. Hopefully he will repeat this year!

Anyway, my observation is that the best golfers can play with any ball they find. I use a metal driver. I'd gladly play with these balls (Snell) as compared to ProV's, or any other modern ball, but I don't think my feel is on a high enough plane to make any discrimination. They definitely do not have a balata feel, or the original Tour Edition feel however. I really liked that Tour Edition.
eagle

Return to Equipment