Modern Drivers and Tournament Golf

Re: Modern Drivers and Tournament Golf

Postby Steb » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:24 pm

So are you suggestion Richie that modern drivers have the sweetspot towards the toe where the horizontal bulge is opening the face back up? It makes sense, but sounds like a lot of compensations going on. My 'modern' driver is still 10 years old and has the sweetspot at marked in the centre of the face. I'm still searching for where it really is though.

(Ok Captain, stop thinking about the bulge.)
Steb

Postby Steb » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:30 pm

Range Rat wrote:
Steb wrote:And it's the same here. A 10 degree driver which is 5 degrees too upright will point left about 0.9 degrees. With a 270 yard drive with a straight swing path, 0 deg attack, this equates to about a 5 yard pull,

I presume this is about a pure CF motion, and if so, is this taking into account any toe flattening that may occur wherin the club actually becomes shorter @ impact? :)

No, this is just talking about pure physics independent of any action. I agree a CF motion will compensate for the upright lies, but I don't care about that mob. :D
Steb

Postby Richie3Jack » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:33 am

Steb wrote:So are you suggestion Richie that modern drivers have the sweetspot towards the toe where the horizontal bulge is opening the face back up? It makes sense, but sounds like a lot of compensations going on. My 'modern' driver is still 10 years old and has the sweetspot at marked in the centre of the face. I'm still searching for where it really is though.

(Ok Captain, stop thinking about the bulge.)

The sweetspot on titanium drivers is up towards the crown of the head, off towards the toe a bit. I'd have to see what the driver is, but I think it's been that way with titanium almost since the beginning.

I agree, lots of compensations going on...but I think most of us agree here that titanium isn't the best if you want to improve the precision of your golf swing and it's mostly used because of the distance advantage it has.

3JACK
Richie3Jack

Postby Range Rat » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:40 pm

lagpressure wrote:I realized a long time ago I am not good enough to swing. You have to dead flush it every time, and unless you have all day to grind balls which I don't... I think hitting offers a much better protection against off centered strikes.

For sure....and if you ever do run into extra time on your hands and don't know how to fill it wisely, we have a spot for you at the range. Although you do understand that you'll have to climb the corporate range ladder and pay your dues like the rest of us. ;) :lol:
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Postby norcalvol » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:35 pm

Last night, the sushi chef told me to look into Maruman golf clubs.
After some research, there are only two things you need to know...

First
Maruman driver.jpg
Maruman driver.jpg (41.9 KiB) Viewed 2148 times

Second, the company, in addition to making golf clubs, also sells supplements.
One of them is called Relax Paipo...
Relax Paipo.jpg
Relax Paipo.jpg (39.79 KiB) Viewed 2143 times

The product description reads:
"Relieves stress during a traffic jam or commuting, (and) when feeling nervous on the first tee."

I'm all in.
Accelerate forever!
norcalvol

Postby stevemcgee99 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:52 pm

Paipo is a cigarette substitute.

I've seen Maruman irons and persimmons on ebay that looked good. At the end of the month I hope to find some at used shops in Tokyo.
McGee
stevemcgee99

Previous

Return to Technology and the Titanium Age