I'm going to give this driver a whirl..

Re: I'm going to give this driver a whirl..

Postby fontaine32 » Mon May 12, 2014 2:54 pm

This is the only driver from the titanium age that is even remotely close to Persimmon.. No need to bend lie angles... With an X-100 at 43 inches, I haven't seen the ball go left yet.. The matching 3 wood is badass too.. Image
fontaine32

Postby k2baloo » Mon May 12, 2014 3:38 pm

Is that the bang driver?
k2baloo

Postby fontaine32 » Tue May 13, 2014 2:25 am

It is.. Soles properly at address.. Between the shaft and the lie haven't missed left yet.. Great 3 wood also.. If your rotation stalls, it's going right and it you can feel it before it happens.. If Tiger had it in his bag he'd retire in a couple years, no shit, it's that good of a driver for modern golf balls..
fontaine32

Postby k2baloo » Tue May 13, 2014 3:49 am

fontaine32 wrote:It is.. Soles properly at address.. Between the shaft and the lie haven't missed left yet.. Great 3 wood also.. If your rotation stalls, it's going right and it you can feel it before it happens.. If Tiger had it in his bag he'd retire in a couple years, no shit, it's that good of a driver for modern golf balls..

Awesome thanks for the review.
I may have to give it a try. I have been playing a cobra 350 for a while with an x300, but it's a little upright and they designed it with a closed face I think.
What loft are you gaming? If I remember right they have quite a variety of lofts.
Also have you liked the 320 or the 360 more? I remember you saying you were going to try both
k2baloo

Postby fontaine32 » Wed May 14, 2014 3:02 pm

I like the 360cc more.. I'll hit the 320cc when I'm practicing.. 10.5 loft.. Really nice trajectory and doesn't balloon and pierces through the wind.. Feels nice that I can just set up and be confident it's going straight or with a little cut.. First titanium driver I've hit that gives feedback.. I'm getting a 12 degree as well to get a little more carry for soft conditions.. The standard lie is 54, but they hand picked and found a 53.. So much for the theory that it lie angle doesn't matter in the driver since it's teed up.. I played with some good players and they couldn't square it up at impact..
fontaine32

Previous

Return to Technology and the Titanium Age