Golf and Guitars

Re: Golf and Guitars

Postby nfbandon » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:09 am

Rainy day finally here in Texas, and this song came to mind. I have family down there and know the area well. Good stuff.
nfbandon

Postby norcalvol » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:25 am

One of the icons of recorded rock music is the Beatles' famous medley from the album Abbey Road.
You Never Give Me Your Money / Sun King / Mean Mr. Mustard / Polythene Pam / She Came In Through The Bathroom Window / Golden Slumbers / Carry That Weight / The End / Her Majesty

How one could take what are basically throwaway songs and piece their fragments together into something like this shows their incredible creativeness and musicianship.

What can be even more revealing into the brilliance is to isolate the different tracks.

By accident, I stumbled upon this... the vocals of the medley isolated from the other tracks... some of this is great a cappella.
Enjoy.

And if you don't know this music in it's fully released form, here is that... (the vinyl version is seamless... this unfortunately is the digital version... just ignore the hiccups)

Accelerate forever!
norcalvol

Postby Range Rat » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:24 am

guitar.jpg
guitar.jpg (30.75 KiB) Viewed 3305 times
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Postby Mashie72 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:00 pm

Thanks RR for some Blues

Luther Guitar jr Johnson (Two time Grammy winner) is the guy who hooked me many years ago. Most people have never heard of him

Attached are a couple of vids. Red Beans was created when he had Gordon Bailey on sax.

On the Nightstage vid go right to the 3 min mark where they interview him. I have never seen this vid before and yes he got me from the first note.

"The secret is on the deck"
Mashie72

Postby Range Rat » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:41 pm

Real good stuff there......all that's needed with those red beans is a nice ice cold pitcher of beer 8-) Yummy!
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Postby robbo » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:55 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nuzdzSJlZo?list=RD8nuzdzSJlZo[/youtube]

One of my favorite PF songs.....Brain Damage. There are several takes of this "behind the scenes" of this song out there, but IMO this one reflects Gilmour's genius and is the best. Every version of this song I've heard uses vocals vs guitar for this particular section and I don't know why.

("Christ.....what would R&R be without feedback!")

robbo
robbo

Postby Mashie72 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:05 am

robbo wrote:

One of my favorite PF songs.....Brain Damage. There are several takes of this "behind the scenes" of this song out there, but IMO this one reflects Gilmour's genius and is the best. Every version of this song I've heard uses vocals vs guitar for this particular section and I don't know why.

("Christ.....what would R&R be without feedback!")

robbo
"The secret is on the deck"
Mashie72

Postby Paul C » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:44 pm

The true original...

Paul C

Postby Paul C » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:56 pm

This of course belongs here, more than anywhere else, for obvious reasons...

Paul C

Postby Paul C » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:42 pm

Love this...

Paul C

PreviousNext

Return to Birdies and Bogeys!