Christmas Nights of the Round Table

Christmas Nights of the Round Table

Postby Range Rat » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:25 pm

Drew Art, a famous rustler over on the old Dirt, started a tradition of sorts by putting up a holiday puzzler. I don’t know if he still visits ABS or not but there are members here named ‘Drewspin’ and ‘Drewitgolf’, and I don’t recall which one was him. This one from me will not be as good as his puzzlers were, but I’ve been looking at this picture for a while and, just for fun, doing my Rat tap dance on it for hidden messages and maybe for some Christmas fun for the rest of us hopeless golfaholics

Shady Oaks had, as far as I can tell, square tables in their dining room except one- Hogan’s Table- where he dined, sometimes alone. This particular table has an inner circle and an outer circle as seen here:
table.jpg
table.jpg (106.23 KiB) Viewed 1774 times

The first thing I noticed is if any member of the outer circle wants to leave the circle their mass will be moved away in a straight line tangent from where they are on the outer circle.

Are there other findings?
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Re: Christmas Nights of the Round Table

Postby Mashie72 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:13 pm

I see one seat for him and the other seats are for his 9 major trophies
"The secret is on the deck"
Mashie72

Postby Range Rat » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:12 pm

Good one Mashie, I hadn't considered the finding about chairs and major wins. I wonder what chair Ben would have used, I say the corner chair as he would then have to turn around to see the game. :shock:

The numbers on this one is off a little, but the napkin sculpts on the outer circle are close to the pattern found on this driver.
driver.png
driver.png (139.8 KiB) Viewed 1693 times
Range Rat

Postby Range Rat » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:31 am

Probably "vector" instead of "tangent" would be a more accurate word in this regard when describing mass leaving the outer circle, as it leaves on a straight line perpendicular to the circle, but the word tangent works too I guess.

The casters on the chair legs are interesting too. If there is less friction against the floor with casters the mass simply pushes back against the outer edge of the circle to move the primary chair mass away from the circle. If there aren't casters, and a lot of friction, a secondary mass, us, has to first unweight from the chair a little and move away from the circle by acting on the chair with hands and legs working against the friction, instead of just pushing away from the circle when there are casters.

More eggnog please! :lol:
Range Rat

Postby Ded2Journey » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:08 pm

No eggnog, just vino...I see shoulders and hips. I see an intense connection from the ground. I see quality craftsmanship and attention to detail.

One small question, can we see the other tables please? :P
"People have always been telling me what I can't do. I guess I have wanted to show them. That's been one of my driving forces all my life." -Ben Hogan
Ded2Journey

Postby LesMurray » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:36 am

I see the inside (lazy susan) turning the outside.
LesMurray

Postby k2baloo » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:14 am

Merry Christmas everyone!
k2baloo

Return to Birdies and Bogeys!