Worldly Words of Wisdom

Re: Worldly Words of Wisdom

Postby BomGolf222 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:35 pm

I am not more gifted than the average human being. If you know anything about history, you would know that is so--what hard times I had in studying and the fact that I do not have a memory like some other people do… I am just more curious than the average person and I will not give up on a problem until I have found the proper solution. This is one of my greatest satisfactions in life--solving problems--and the harder they are, the more satisfaction do I get out of them. Maybe you could consider me a bit more patient in continuing with my problem than is the average human being. Now, if you understand what I have just told you, you see that it is not a matter of being more gifted but a matter of being more curious and maybe more patient until you solve a problem.
- The Einstein.....
BomGolf222

Postby BomGolf222 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:15 pm

I was reading an article in the Irish TImes about a local musician where he was talking about the creative process and how he writes his music. When he said these lines they really struck a chord with me as it pertains to golf and playing freely when you're on the course....

When I finish writing a tune, I wonder ‘well, how did I do it?’. It’s like the person who asked the centipede to identify what leg he prefers to lead with when he walks, and he never walked again! There’s a certain element of trust, and allowing your mind to go where you hope it might go.

– Máirtín O’Connor
BomGolf222

Postby eagle » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:48 pm

"Faint heart never won a fair lady"
Miguel de Cervantes
eagle

Postby eagle » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:52 pm

Steve Jobs...
I don't know if he even PLAYS golf. But this 1985 Playboy interview was on the web today, and a quote he gave also applies to golf, IMO.

( from a Hindu saying).. "The first 30 years of your life, you make your habits. The last 30 years of your life, your habits make you ."

Isn't that what we are trying to do? Acquire and fine tune better mechanics, drill them into habits...and then use these habits to play and enjoy golf?

Here's the link: http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2010/11/20/ ... ahoo_quote
eagle

Postby impact_bag » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:27 am

eagle,

Thank you for finding this interview. It is really a fascinating read. One downside is I have to explain to the wife why I am looking at Playboy online. I just told her "it was for the articles."
impact_bag

Postby Dani » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:32 pm

"Rhythm's the thing. Look for the rhythm in the music of your swing. It's there - or should be."
~ 'Chick' Evans
Dani

Postby Steb » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:33 pm

"We are what we repeatedly do.
Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."

Aristotle
Steb

Postby twomasters » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:46 pm

"The tournament professional survives by confidence and so must never allow thoughts of his own fallibility to penetrate his consciousness from any source...he has to believe in his prowess because that faith in himself is his greatest asset"

ARNOLD PALMER
twomasters

Postby BomGolf222 » Sun May 01, 2011 8:05 pm

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

-Voltaire
BomGolf222

Postby BomGolf222 » Sun May 01, 2011 8:10 pm

"Inspiration alone isn't enough to create unforgettable art. It requires a great quantity of fight and tenacity."

-Alfredo Di Stefano ... he's the president of Real Madrid and an old great of the club. This quote is him talking about building a football team.
BomGolf222

PreviousNext

Return to Golf's Greatest Quotes!