1967 Bill Strausbaugh Demostrating ABS Protocols

Advanced Ball Striking welcomes you to San Francisco

Re: 1967 Bill Strausbaugh Demostrating ABS Protocols

Postby Range Rat » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:40 pm

Wknhacker wrote:Lag, would you also say the torso and shoulders are responsible for moving the club into and beyond impact, and not the hands?

If one is going to use the entire shaft, and not just the club head, then the hands needs to be responsive to what's above and inside them. Gotta love "hope they make it". :lol:
JB2.jpg
JB2.jpg (27.18 KiB) Viewed 628 times
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Postby lagpressure » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:30 am

IF I had to describe the action of the left shoulder, I would say it moves briskly to the top of the backswing, drops down (from knee flex), feels slow to near impact, then moves as quickly and viciously as possible from impact to finish with it rotated as far as possible.
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby Wknhacker » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:51 pm

Thanks Lag and others for answering my query.

I must admit hitting the ball with a frozen left arm (I'm left handed) all the way to P4 really engages the core and trunk and inhibits swinging the club with just the arms and hands. I recently came across the video below of a ball striking clinic by Henrik Stenson where he makes a clear distinction between the intentions of the hitting protocol versus the swinging protocol as it relates to consistency. I have no doubt Lag will agree with almost everything Henrik has to say in this video.

"I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone's golf game: it's called an eraser." - Arnold Palmer
Wknhacker

Postby Mystery man » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:59 am

1:01 to 1:10 in the video is the golf swing.
One in the oven
Mystery man

Previous

Return to Let's Talk Lag's Golf Machine!