What's New on ABS!

Re: What's New on ABS!

Postby marcosmarkus » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:57 pm

Great video! I really enjoyed your voiceover providing insights. Thanks for taking the time to do it and sharing it.
marcosmarkus

Postby lagpressure » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:23 pm

The 24 Video Instructional Series which disappeared on the server for a couple of weeks is back online!

The server deleted them for some reason... who knows... but after 5 hours on the tech phone, we got it sorted out.

The site was also down for a few hours earlier as well..
Welcome back!
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby lagpressure » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:03 am

http://advancedballstriking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=4682

Persimmon Purists take aim at the heart of the matter.
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby lagpressure » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:13 am

A few new ABS Spec Iron Sets...

viewtopic.php?f=261&t=4574&start=20
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby lagpressure » Thu May 10, 2018 9:46 pm

We just uploaded 9 Classic Persimmon Sets that Mike Rees finished up over the last year.
These are beautiful sets, and if you took the time to view the persimmon restoration thread (Do It!)
you should gain a further appreciation for the labor of love Mike puts into each and every club.

viewforum.php?f=265
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (69.35 KiB) Viewed 1548 times
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby ballturf » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:17 pm

Hi Lag
I read in a post that you have
New Hogan Program If so I would like to participate in it! I remember from a few years ago you showed me and Les a sample of it. Is there more to it?

Thanks ! :mrgreen:
BallTurf
The only way to permanently learn a motor skill is thru REPETITION !
ballturf

Postby lagpressure » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:59 pm

I'm going to start shooting the "Hogan Experience" series in January if all goes well.
I've been compiling notes and personal swing videos for reference which will be helpful mapping it out.

It's been such an incredible discovery to really get inside the essence of how Hogan swung the golf club. There are several very critical actions that in my opinion have been overlooked by even the most prominent teachers of Hogan's methodology. For example...

1. The God move. How Hogan slotted or flattened the shaft through transition. There are opposing forces and pressures going on that create this. It's a combination of both what happened before (backswing) and after (downswing). The grip and the backswing path actually set everything up for this to happen. There are ABSOLUTELY specific key intentions that must be followed. It's understandable why so few golfers do this, why so few teachers do this, and from there why no one seems to have perfected a teaching methodology for this. If you can't do this yourself, there is zero chance of properly teaching it. If you knew how to do it, you would do it. Too many people speculating and I have put an end to that.

2. Holding Shaft Flex. If there is one goal here at ABS it is to move students toward this holy grail of the golf swing. Swinger's don't even try, hitters strive to do it. Hogan's action was set up to insure this happens. There is a backswing path that actually pits opposing forces against one another that lock in the backswing path. This path sets up the slotting, the God move, and the lower body, just as Hogan spoke of, essentially snaps the club into the slot like a whip cracking. From there this slotting sets up a huge delay in the pivot rotation that then gives a green light to an aggressive rotary motion of the shoulders and torso that quite simply unleash an accelerating club with a pre stressed clubshaft right into impact.

It really is conceptually very simple. It can be broken down into three specific moves...a backswing, a transition, a race to the finish.

The plan is to make it as simple as possible both from an analytical perspective and practical application (drills, teaching methodology)

There is a lot of crossover between ABS Modules and this, but it will be presented in a different way. I really have to thank many of the ABS students
from over the last ten years that asked the right questions that inspired me to seek those answers.

Where ABS Modules seek to focus on the critical commonalities of great "hitters", the Hogan method is much more specifically pointed. With the understanding I have acquired at this point, it's hard to imagine a more efficient and effective way of moving the club around one's body.

It's exciting stuff and will be a joy to teach it to those who are most interested.
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby lagpressure » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:02 pm

New Advanced Ball Striking homepage.

http://advancedballstriking.com/

Special thanks to ABSer Paul van de Loo for his beautiful web design.
A facelift after ten years!
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby LesMurray » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:54 am

lagpressure wrote:I'm going to start shooting the "Hogan Experience" series in January if all goes well.

Exciting stuff. I've been exposed to some of this and it is eye opening.
LesMurray

Previous

Return to What's New on ABS!