The Nautilus, the Golf Swing, Golden Ratio, Fibonacci seque

Re: The Nautilus, the Golf Swing, Golden Ratio, Fibonacci seque

Postby 1teebox » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:13 am

Range Rat wrote:Tis' the season of white cold architecture falling down upon our heads from the clouds, or from poor design from the ground up. I found this to be fascinating for several reasons.

igloo.jpg

Ancient imagination programmed inside the DNA time machine cleverly invented the igloo to preserve the Inuit version of itself into the freezing future...
The similarity to golf?
When you are broke and freezing your ass off, making a proper igloo must be right up there with making the cut.
1teebox

Postby 1teebox » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:41 am

eagle wrote:Saw this on prime numbers, not sure how it may relate to The Nautilus, the Golf Swing, Golden Ratio, etc...but who knows..

http://www.wired.com/2014/12/mathematic ... e-numbers/

Merry Christmas everyone!
eagle

eagle,

Seeing the experienced old man, Paul Erdos, and the youngster, Terrence Tao, from different cultures, both with super-normal accomplishments behind them and vast yet-to-be-explored potential ahead, conferring civilly about a mutual interest, is something we see, from time to time, in golf. If they have played golf, maybe they could explain or explore for us the question whether prime numbers have anything to do with golf, but I'd rather watch David Feherty and Gary McCord take a stab at it.
1teebox

Postby Range Rat » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:15 pm

The loop of death and when they transition from the top of the platform onto the down slope portion reminds me of increasing knee flex in transition to the bottom of the arc, then coming out of the flex later.

You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Postby Range Rat » Tue May 03, 2016 4:29 am

Range Rat wrote:This is what I was playing with TeeboxDude, but I am just not good enough with my computer art program to capture things as I would have liked. The basics are there though........ but I do find that stretch compression in a bow, and shaft flex retention to be the same- especially if the compression is inside the outside like a drawn bow is.

stretchcompression.jpg
stretchcompression.jpg (55.84 KiB) Viewed 4586 times

Messed around with this imagery before and found it is not as crazy an idea as some suggested- I got a message response once saying golf compression and archery are not anywhere near alike. Bull, there are actually two stretch compression, or CP, values working together in bow like fashion: the body to the hands, and hands to the shaft. It's a moving bow from P3 onward, but it's a bow process through the zone wherein the stretch compression values are maintained because the bow is not sprung @ P3, it's turned.

Imagine my delight subsequently finding these 2 pearls from Jackie Burke Jr. :D

Range Rat

Postby Range Rat » Tue May 03, 2016 5:02 am

One more for good measure, Demaret, Hogan, Burke- Gotta love Texas!!

Range Rat

Postby 1teebox » Tue May 03, 2016 8:06 pm

RR.
It would be fun if we could hear you and Burke talking about the bow and golf shots.
It's easy to see he really likes the bow concept.
I like that ear splitting impact somewhere near 52 seconds where he takes only a small swing with that wood.
He duplicates it later too.
Doesn't need saying, but here it is anyway:
There's not much better than watching a master at work and play, which is often all the same.
1teebox

Postby Range Rat » Wed May 04, 2016 5:06 am

Mr. Burke would be speaking from the penthouse of accomplishment while my platform from the lowly garden shed would be quite the visual highlighting the obvious difference in expertise, but it would be a thrill just to be in the same room with him, but I probably wouldn't be able to find any words, which would be a good thing as I would probably make of fool of myself. :lol:

Couple other things to add, but I saw a Jackie Burke ABS thread so I will continue this over there. :)
Range Rat

Postby Range Rat » Mon May 16, 2016 5:56 am

Nice capture here of Mr. Burke, whether he knows it or not, using a hand gesture which contains a spiral staircase, or cork screw, movement while demonstrating the inside needing to turn about a circle. About a minute in. 8-)

Range Rat

Postby 1teebox » Mon May 16, 2016 1:23 pm

Good thing the interview with Mr. Burke is video and not merely a written account.
The bit of film in the Vault of him swinging in his heyday is a treasure.
It appears he was very observant and listened closely to what is beneath the surface of what he saw and was being told.
Yet, along with the mighty and the lowliest, he dig his swing from the dirt.
Wish I could have seen him in live action, back when he competed.
1teebox

Postby Mashie72 » Mon May 16, 2016 1:45 pm

Does anyone know why Mr Burke isn't really seen @ the Masters. Does he even attend the Champions dinner? Does he loathe the Par 3 contest or hasn't been offered the opening tee shot?
"The secret is on the deck"
Mashie72

PreviousNext

Return to Top Threads (2000 Club)