Attachments
direct-hit-1.jpg
direct-hit-1.jpg (69.11 KiB) Viewed 7879 times
swan

Re: Small World

Postby eagle » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:49 pm

Ted Williams.jpg
Ted Williams.jpg (28.08 KiB) Viewed 7696 times

It's baseball, and just Ted Williams, but this makes me wonder if I am intending to pivot far enough post impact.

eagle

Postby eagle » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:26 am

A master of ground forces, pivot, chi.

Stein Eriksen.jpg
Stein Eriksen.jpg (17.41 KiB) Viewed 7603 times

Saw him once from above( from a chairlift), he appeared effortless as he quickly skied down a steep rough mogul field, although surely he must have been "working." That image is etched in my mind. Having made many more rides on ski lifts, and viewed many more skiers, and not one has matched his grace, or the feeling it gave me.
eagle

Postby Range Rat » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:52 am

The secret is in the water too….

Saw a video on the Dirt about water ski jumping in which the discussion was about removing slack from a system.

That video was fascinating not necessarily from a slack removal perspective, but because I don’t recall if I have acknowledged similarities between water ski jumping and golf forces over a travel distance. This is a different video than the one I saw, but some good things it. For instance, starting about 50 seconds a skier is coming right at you in the computer screen- watch how he then shortens the radius, cuts across the direction of force, or works against the travel, which by default picks up speed…..then hits the ramp, hauls ass up it, for a show in the air.
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Postby Range Rat » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:09 am

...@ 3:35 wonderin' if that be Captain Chaos. :lol:
Range Rat

Postby lagpressure » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:35 pm

Moe Wide.jpg
Moe Wide.jpg (48.86 KiB) Viewed 7134 times

giza.jpg
giza.jpg (38.54 KiB) Viewed 7140 times
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby Range Rat » Fri May 02, 2014 12:08 pm

One of the nice things about retirement is one can spend more time on more stuff. :lol:

The horse- red rider- occupies the sagittal plane in space, the rider occupies the coronal plane and the mallet rests within, and is parallel to, the sagittal axis with an open face to the strike
polo.jpg
polo.jpg (41.81 KiB) Viewed 6733 times

Even though I suspect a very flexible mallet pole, the outward away bulge where the pole attached to the head is interesting as a portrait of energy delivery- as is the static bevel on the mallet head.
http://footage.shutterstock.com/clip-5507753-stock-footage-slow-motion-shot-of-a-polo-mallet-hitting-a-ball-during-a-polo-game.html?src=rel/5507804:0/gg

Ok, back to retirement, cheese, and the game of Kings.
Range Rat

Postby BomGolf222 » Sat May 10, 2014 12:48 pm

Range Rat wrote:One of the nice things about retirement is one can spend more time on more stuff. :lol:

The horse- red rider- occupies the sagittal plane in space, the rider occupies the coronal plane and the mallet rests within, and is parallel to, the sagittal axis with an open face to the strike
polo.jpg

Even though I suspect a very flexible mallet pole, the outward away bulge where the pole attached to the head is interesting as a portrait of energy delivery- as is the static bevel on the mallet head.
http://footage.shutterstock.com/clip-5507753-stock-footage-slow-motion-shot-of-a-polo-mallet-hitting-a-ball-during-a-polo-game.html?src=rel/5507804:0/gg

Ok, back to retirement, cheese, and the game of Kings.

I don't know what the 'sagittal axis' is... Is it the shaft parallel to the spine on the backswing? I like it if it is.. slotting it from there is the most athletic way to go...

I remember the Polo impact position being discussed here before at some point, maybe by Two or the chick that used to post here? I can't remember her name? There was a photo...

It all leads to pressure during the strike- you can't beat a horse forcing it's way through there! So strong...
BomGolf222

Postby Range Rat » Wed May 14, 2014 6:04 am

Yeah, the mallet is parallel to the spine, and does indeed make for an easy load.

I like this picture of 3D. The spot where all meet, yet is hidden from view, is the belly button area, or just a spot in space. The green book would be the vertical spine, or sagittal axis, in relation to the ground. The yellow book would be the transverse plane, or axis, which basically separates our upper half from lower half, and the red book is the coronal axis- which would be a pane of glass splitting us from hip to hip. So the green book separates right from left, the yellow book separates top from bottom, and the red book separates front from back.

I remember first seeing this picture some time ago while scanning for something and how it snagged my attention. The yellow book is Homer's, and the other two are Penick's. :lol: Nice hearing from ya'.

barromeanbook.jpg
barromeanbook.jpg (16.57 KiB) Viewed 6396 times
Range Rat

PreviousNext

Return to Top Threads (2000 Club)