Lag, lightbulb moments and videotape

Re: Lag, lightbulb moments and videotape

Postby HB51 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:29 am

Thanks Les,

Can you describe what you might do with chips and pitches with Mod 1 intention...
HB51

Postby LesMurray » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:02 am

HB51 wrote:Thanks Les,

Can you describe what you might do with chips and pitches with Mod 1 intention...

Lag has a video lesson that you can get for $50 that teaches this very concept. He offers it complimentary to those who have gotten to Mod 5.

What you can work on is chipping balls just rotating your forearms into the ball - just as if you were hitting the bag. Accelerate through the ball.
LesMurray

Postby lagpressure » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:24 am

Module 7 student:

Alright so I'm really liking module 7 and think it's brilliant. Its funny, pre ABS that's exactly how I thought impact bags were used... But ..it's the way the modules have all built up to this point..it's just brilliant. I'm also now starting to feel all the mods in my swing. All very exciting and almost revelatory really. I mean my swing still has weak areas, like dropping the hands down enough and hitting with enough wrist cock, but I have a crystal clear picture of the swing and what I'm trying to do. I can also immediately troubleshoot my swing, and others as well. Or identify what someone is doing well. Basically I feel a deep understanding of the swing now in all it's aspects.

I felt like there were really two transitions, and that the drop from the top was just the first, and that there was a second transition from mod 6 to mod 1. But I thought it was an abstract personal thought but now I see it's all covered fully in mod 7. The mods have always been just a step ahead in that regard..Great stuff.
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby lagpressure » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:57 pm

Module 4 student lightbulb moment:

for the first time I felt like I was on the path to advanced ballstriking.....I kept the same feeling but applied more module 1 (aiming at inside aft quadrant of ball). The ball went straight....consistently straight.

The analogy of tightening bolts on a car tire rang true. Tighten a bolt on one side (module 1 hook) and then switch to the opposite side and tighten another bolt (module 3 slice) and the result is even pressure (straight shot).
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby lagpressure » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:27 am

Module 4 Student:

It is very reassuring to know that my swing is on the right path through impact. It gives me a confidence over the ball that I have not had before.
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby lagpressure » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:28 am

Module 4 Student:

Tee to green probably the best I have ever played.......my playing partners are starting to take note of the improvements and most importantly the consistency. Thank you.
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby lagpressure » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:36 pm

Advanced ABS Student:

I rushed down to the range, and hit some shots with this new sensation, WOW. It made Mod 3 and 4 make so much sense. I think from being so shut, i really feared a level turn thru the shot. With this new sensation, i felt like i HAD to fire the pivot level. Concentration on firing the left shoulder low, left torso crunch. just bought a new golf shot ive not seen in 30 years. Really piercing flight.

I played later on that day, and just striped it. Some great long irons off tight lies and a couple of 3 woods into par 5's were master class imo

Happy New Year!
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby lagpressure » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:14 am

Mod 1 student breaks 80 for first time! Congrats!

Quick Summary
39 strokes out and 40 in
34 putts
9 pars, 2 doubles, 1 birdie and 6 bogeys.
1 penalty

I guess the main difference was that I hit 9/18 GIR!!

Thought you will be glad to hear it, and thanks for all of your support so far!! I will continue to work hard on that Mod 1 drill, and hope that this is only the beginning of many 70ish rounds to come!!

Cheers!!
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby lagpressure » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:25 am

1.jpg
1.jpg (50.85 KiB) Viewed 5813 times

Module 7 student initiating transition with proper right foot pressures.
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby lagpressure » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:32 am

Module #2 Graduate.

I would like to thank you for the ABS programme. Today I played my first round this year as golf courses around Prague finally opened. My weapon of choice was Dynapower Turfrider which Neil set-up for me. I wasnt sure what to expect, playing these clubs (or any ABS clubs) for the first time from the grass. The last round I played was in October last year, which was prior to my joining the ABS programme. I played with Taylormade R11 cavity backs at the time. But back to the present time....

I played fine and had a lot of fun. I have to get used to my new distances with each club (caused by very different lofts, different club lengths, weigth, shaft stiffness, etc.) but my shots were straight, there were no disasters and I had a good, solid round. I think the Mod 2, which I am abot to graduate from I hope, did wonders for me - I am not "jumping" left, my swing feels like "stillness within a motion". That's an Aikido expression often used by former aikido teacher but I feel that it is applicable here as well.

It sounds too good to believe perhaps - but I hit my 1-iron a few times, too, and I actually hit it solid. After each such shot I was surprised about my own capability, it is a funny feeling. Kind of like when spiderman was discovering his abilities, learning to control them and having great time doing it.

I am not saying that I have miracuously turned into a great player, but there is definitelly an improvement. Last time I played I was fading my cavity backs, if I didnt hit them fat, in which case the ball didnt go anywhere....

Now I am playing blades with no offset, with stiff shafts, and I am playing better than I used to beforee joining ABS....

The good news is - there are so many more Mods to do! I can get even better! I am convinced now that I will enjoy the path and I am happy that I have all the time in the world (relatively) to walk it - I am 38 so hopefefully there are many years of enjoyable golf & training ahead of me

Thank you,
lagpressure
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Top Threads (2000 Club)