Hosted by Grady (NFBANDON)

Re: Draw or Fade?

Postby lagpressure » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:39 pm

Draw
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby nfbandon » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:35 pm

No doubt it is a draw. The path is out so the clubhead is a bit closed to the path.
nfbandon

Postby Mashie72 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:14 am

Yes gathering from RR's post about Lee, it certainly looks like he's hitting the 1st ball and avoiding the other balls stacked in front post impact
"The secret is on the deck"
Mashie72

Postby nfbandon » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:41 am

Joel Edwards teaches at my club. He saw me hitting my Hogan 3 wood last weekend and came by and talked about Hogan and his equipment for a few minutes. Joel played Hogans when he came out in the mid80s, and the apex 5 shaft well into the 90s. He said because of that Ben took a liking to him. As far as working the ball Hogan's advice was obvious-start the ball to the right for a draw and left for a fade make sure the ball lands on the side of the green you on which you aim. You have missed the shot if it comes to rest on side of the pin opposite the side you start on. What was interesting was what he said about Hogan''s woods. He said Hogan started the oversized head claiming Hogan's woods were 50% larger in size than the woods his company sold to the public. Joel loved persimmon and said he played it through 94'. I mentioned to him that that was the last year a tournament was won with persimmon. He jumped right in naming Davis Love, whom he claims as a good friend.
nfbandon

Postby Range Rat » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:23 am

Collided with this quote from Les Nessman's best friend.

On what club he would play with during a 1-club round: "I would play with a 4-iron. I can hit it anywhere from 110 yards to 210 yards. I can hit high or run it low. Bend it right or turn it left. And if there's money on the game, and you are betting me I can't beat you with just one club, then I can use my 4-iron to lift your wallet out of your back pocket, too."

Love how Chi Chi speaks about his sensations. He "bends" it right or "turns" it left. A bend will get a turn, but a turn may not necessarily get a bend. Love proprioception comments from the players. They make it so simple, that's why they're great I guess. :lol:

Hey....Merry Christmas you knuckleheads
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Postby k2baloo » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:56 pm

I would go with a 6 iron in a one club match. Always enjoy your posts RR, even the many I don't understand.
Do you have any formal training/study in kinesiology?
k2baloo

Postby Range Rat » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:36 am

k2baloo wrote:I would go with a 6 iron in a one club match. Always enjoy your posts RR, even the many I don't understand.
Do you have any formal training/study in kinesiology?

Kines...what! No, no formal training with the discipline as a whole, although do have some formal exposure with component parts of the discipline - on the behavioral side. My interest in Chi Chi's quote is how he differentiated, by verbal description, right-to-left flight from left-to-right flight. Note he did not say he can "bend it right or bend it left" or "turn it right or turn it left", he said "bend it right or turn it left". There's no doubt in my mind he is conveying, in some sense, his awareness relative to process after impact- like Lag mentions when working the ball and what that may feel like after impact.

As far not understanding, no problem, I confuse myself all the time. Gets worse with age too. :lol:
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Postby k2baloo » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:03 pm

Not sure if you can tell any kind of shot shape from this, but let's see what you guess?
This is a 4 wood out of the rough from last fall. Had it sitting on my labtop and decided to dump it here...

4WoodImpact.PNG
4WoodImpact.PNG (165.9 KiB) Viewed 2583 times
k2baloo

Postby Wknhacker » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:22 am

Well unless you were trying to draw it into one of those pine trees, I'm guessing it's a fade? :)
"I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone's golf game: it's called an eraser." - Arnold Palmer
Wknhacker

Postby k2baloo » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:01 pm

Wknhacker wrote:Well unless you were trying to draw it into one of those pine trees, I'm guessing it's a fade? :)

I wouldn't make any assumptions about my aim. I can hit some spectacularly bad drives... :lol:
k2baloo

PreviousNext

Return to In Search of the Great Ball Strikers